WATCH LIVE: NASCAR America at 5 pm ET — Allmendinger, Bowyer, Rudd on road courses; NASCAR California history
Jun 20, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT
On Friday’s edition of NASCAR America, Leigh Diffey and Ricky Rudd take us into the weekend’s racing action from our Charlotte studios.
With Sunday’s Sprint Cup race at Sonoma Raceway and Saturday’s Nationwide Series race at Road America in Wisconsin, you couldn’t get a better road course expert to break down the nuances of turning left and right better than Rudd, a six-time road course winner during his lengthy career.
Rudd breaks down the attitude and instincts necessary to win on a road course, as well as what drivers must do differently than what they normally do on oval tracks.
Also on Friday’s show:
* Kelli Stavast reports from Sonoma Raceway, where she’ll chat with two drivers who have had past success on road courses: AJ Allmendinger (2 Nationwide Series road-course wins) and 2012 Sonoma winner Clint Bowyer.
* Continuing our State by State series, the legendary Eli Gold takes us through the history of racing in California, The Golden State.
Watch today’s episode at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but in case you can’t be near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream it online or on your mobile device with NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 0
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 1
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 1
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0
- NHRA: Rain washes out Friday’s first two rounds of qualifying four 4-Wide Nationals 3
- The Equalization Conundrum: Should F1 put sport to one side in favor of ‘the show’? 7