WATCH LIVE: NASCAR America at 5 pm ET — Allmendinger, Bowyer, Rudd on road courses; NASCAR California history
Jun 20, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT
On Friday’s edition of NASCAR America, Leigh Diffey and Ricky Rudd take us into the weekend’s racing action from our Charlotte studios.
With Sunday’s Sprint Cup race at Sonoma Raceway and Saturday’s Nationwide Series race at Road America in Wisconsin, you couldn’t get a better road course expert to break down the nuances of turning left and right better than Rudd, a six-time road course winner during his lengthy career.
Rudd breaks down the attitude and instincts necessary to win on a road course, as well as what drivers must do differently than what they normally do on oval tracks.
Also on Friday’s show:
* Kelli Stavast reports from Sonoma Raceway, where she’ll chat with two drivers who have had past success on road courses: AJ Allmendinger (2 Nationwide Series road-course wins) and 2012 Sonoma winner Clint Bowyer.
* Continuing our State by State series, the legendary Eli Gold takes us through the history of racing in California, The Golden State.
Watch today’s episode at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but in case you can’t be near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream it online or on your mobile device with NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- How NASCAR determined Tony Stewart was ready to race again 3
- Helton: Tony Stewart still eligible for Chase, but must win to get in 2
- Sheriff: Stewart crash investigation to continue “for at least another 2 weeks” 8
- Kurt Busch, Danica Patrick glad to see boss, teammate and friend Tony Stewart back in race car 0
- Tony Stewart: ‘This is a sadness and pain that I hope no one has to experience in their life’ 40
- The most memorable moments of IndyCar 2014 (so far) 0
- Mercedes drivers “remain free to race” following meeting today 7