Jun 21, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Brad Daugherty has had quite a varied career. He was a star player in the NBA, had an interest in an auto dealership, has done some sportsman stock car racing, is co-owner of a NASCAR Sprint Cup team and is in his final season as an analyst on ESPN NASCAR telecasts.
Daugherty will soon add yet another career path to his resume, that of restaurateur.
According to a report by the Asheville (N.C.) Citizen-Times, a new “casual-upscale” restaurant will debut July 16 in Asheville known as Daugherty’s American Kitchen & Drink.
The current occupant of the space Daugherty’s new eatery will be in, Frankie Bones, closed today (Saturday). After some remodeling, the restaurant will reopen in just over three weeks from now.
Daugherty is a native of nearby Black Mountain and still lives in the area.
Alan Wolf, who served as managing partner of Frankie Bones, will retain the same position for Daugherty’s new business venture.
According to the Citizen-Times, the restaurant will specialize in seafood and vegetable dishes and reduce the previous meat-heavy menu of Frankie Bones’.
“I think with Frankie Bones, it was always designed for a different demographic, and not the Asheville culinary scene that’s emerged in the seven years that we’ve been here,” Wolf told the Citizen-Times. “It’s not cutting edge as this marketplace desires, and that’s why we’re going to take a fresher run at this.”
Daugherty was not available for comment on his newest business venture.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA talks with Atlanta winner Kahne at 5 p.m. ET 0
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1