Jun 21, 2014, 7:45 AM EST
After Valtteri Bottas sprung a surprise during the final practice session for the Austrian Grand Prix, Mercedes may not be sitting so comfortably ahead of qualifying later today.
Coverage from the Red Bull Ring begins at 8am ET. You can tune in live on NBCSN and Live Extra, or CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
The Finn became just the fifth driver to top a practice session in 2014 with a fine final lap, edging out Lewis Hamilton by just 0.050 seconds come the checkered flag.
However, the Mercedes duo will be keen on finishing fastest when it matters, and is still unquestionably the team to beat heading into qualifying.
Felipe Massa underlined Williams’ strong pace by finishing the session in third place ahead of Daniil Kvyat and Nico Rosberg. The German driver has been struggling to match Hamilton so far this weekend, but also failed to do so in Canada before snatching pole position away. It will be intriguing to see just how the fight between the two Silver Arrows this afternoon.
Qualifying for the Austrian Grand Prix begins at 8am ET, and is live on NBCSN, Live Extra and via live stream. Coverage will continue until 9:30am with complete post-session analysis from the NBCSN team.
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 2