Jun 22, 2014, 5:39 PM EST
Following a restart at Lap 80 following Matt Kenseth and Dale Earnhardt Jr.‘s incident, Bowyer dropped two positions in the first few corners. He was then passed for third by Jimmie Johnson going into Turn 11.
But as the field rounded through the right-hand hairpin, pole sitter Jamie McMurray turned Bowyer around. Harvick came onto the scene and had nowhere to go before slamming into Bowyer.
Reporters at Sonoma caught Bowyer’s displeasure with McMurray over the team radio:
Both Bowyer and Harvick sustained damage and have gone to pit road for repairs. They took the restart with 25 laps remaining in 29th and 30th respectively, while McMurray remained in the Top 5.
Video from NASCAR America
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 0
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0
- Rosberg closes out Abu Dhabi practice fastest 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 20
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0