Jun 22, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Former F1 and NASCAR driver Scott Speed aims for his third consecutive Red Bull Global Rallycross win today as the series visits our nation’s capitol for Volkswagen Rallycross DC.
You can watch the action LIVE on your local NBC station, but in case you can’t be near a TV, CLICK HERE at 2 p.m. ET to stream it online or on your mobile device with NBC Sports Live Extra.
But in yesterday’s first day of competition from D.C., both he and Andretti teammate Tanner Foust suffered mechanical issues that kept them out of last night’s heat races.
Additionally, it appears the Ford camp is liking the D.C. course, which is split 75-25 percent between asphalt and dirt respectively.
Nelson Piquet Jr., Joni Wiman, and Patrik Sandell each won both of their heats in their Ford Fiesta STs, while fellow Blue Oval men Steve Arpin and Ken Block each chipped in two runner-up finishes. Could any of these guys be the one that stops Speed’s streak?
It should make for an intriguing final this afternoon at RFK Stadium, so be sure to either tune in at 2 p.m. ET on NBC or CLICK HERE to watch the live stream.
If you plan to stream, please have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 0
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 6
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 23
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3