Jun 23, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Overall, the team has struggled to keep up with the likes of Hendrick Motorsports, Stewart Haas Racing, and their fellow Ford mates at Team Penske. And while Edwards has been able to overcome that performance gap to get two wins, his Roush teammates Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. have yet to pick up a regular season win that can catapult them into the playoffs.
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, host Rick Allen and analyst Jeff Burton (himself a former Roush Fenway driver) discussed the team’s up-and-down first half of 2014.
But at least RFR has one of their men set to race for a championship this fall. Edwards talked with NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast after sipping the California wine in Sonoma’s Victory Lane.
Another edition of NASCAR AMERICA airs tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra. For more clips from the show, head over to the archive page.
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0
- Report: Roger Penske intends to keep his ‘four aces’ in IndyCar 0
- Mario Andretti gets Jay Leno up to speed — and then some 1
- NHRA: Antron Brown looks to make Top Fuel fireworks this weekend 1
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 2
- WATCH: IndyCar’s frantic, thrilling MAVTV 500 to re-air at midnight ET on NBCSN 6
- Nelson Piquet Jr crowned first ever FIA Formula E champion in thrilling London finale 1