Jun 23, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Overall, the team has struggled to keep up with the likes of Hendrick Motorsports, Stewart Haas Racing, and their fellow Ford mates at Team Penske. And while Edwards has been able to overcome that performance gap to get two wins, his Roush teammates Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. have yet to pick up a regular season win that can catapult them into the playoffs.
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, host Rick Allen and analyst Jeff Burton (himself a former Roush Fenway driver) discussed the team’s up-and-down first half of 2014.
But at least RFR has one of their men set to race for a championship this fall. Edwards talked with NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast after sipping the California wine in Sonoma’s Victory Lane.
Another edition of NASCAR AMERICA airs tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra. For more clips from the show, head over to the archive page.
- Power wins Verizon P1 Award in Detroit with new track record 0
- Preview: Detroit’s doubleheader a crucial weekend for IndyCar championship 0
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 2
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 7
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 5
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 8
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2