Jun 23, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Overall, the team has struggled to keep up with the likes of Hendrick Motorsports, Stewart Haas Racing, and their fellow Ford mates at Team Penske. And while Edwards has been able to overcome that performance gap to get two wins, his Roush teammates Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. have yet to pick up a regular season win that can catapult them into the playoffs.
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, host Rick Allen and analyst Jeff Burton (himself a former Roush Fenway driver) discussed the team’s up-and-down first half of 2014.
But at least RFR has one of their men set to race for a championship this fall. Edwards talked with NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast after sipping the California wine in Sonoma’s Victory Lane.
Another edition of NASCAR AMERICA airs tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra. For more clips from the show, head over to the archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice 1
- Kevin Harvick wins Atlanta Sprint Cup pole; Stewart qualifies 12th 0
- Castroneves secures crucial MAVTV 500 pole; Power starts P21 for IndyCar finale (VIDEO) 2
- Jeff Gordon: Last 3 races weren’t the same without Tony Stewart 2
- IndyCar has 500 miles to glory, through speed, dirt, tire fall off and unpredictability 0
- How NASCAR determined Tony Stewart was ready to race again 4
- Helton: Tony Stewart still eligible for Chase, but must win to get in 3