Jun 23, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Overall, the team has struggled to keep up with the likes of Hendrick Motorsports, Stewart Haas Racing, and their fellow Ford mates at Team Penske. And while Edwards has been able to overcome that performance gap to get two wins, his Roush teammates Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. have yet to pick up a regular season win that can catapult them into the playoffs.
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, host Rick Allen and analyst Jeff Burton (himself a former Roush Fenway driver) discussed the team’s up-and-down first half of 2014.
But at least RFR has one of their men set to race for a championship this fall. Edwards talked with NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast after sipping the California wine in Sonoma’s Victory Lane.
Another edition of NASCAR AMERICA airs tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra. For more clips from the show, head over to the archive page.
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 6
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 5
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1