Jun 24, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Two titles are to play for at this weekend’s Sahlen’s Six Hours at the Glen in Watkins Glen. Here’s a quick primer on full season points in all four classes and in all four Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup divisions as well:
SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP (POINTS)
- In Prototype, the top five driver pairings are separated by 22 points, with five of 11 P class races complete. Brothers Jordan and Ricky Taylor lead by seven in the No. 10 Wayne Taylor Racing Corvette DP over the fellow Corvette DP of Joao Barbosa and Christian Fittipaldi, the No. 5 Action Express entry.
- In GT Le Mans, despite not having a win yet, consistency keeps the No. 55 BMW Team RLL BMW Z4 of Andy Priaulx and Bill Auberlen ahead on 123 points, with the No. 3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R of Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen five points behind. After a seven-point gap, the next six driver pairings are separated by only five points.
- With three wins in four Prototype Challenge races, CORE autosport’s No. 54 pair of Colin Braun and Jon Bennett lead the No. 8 Starworks Motorsport entry of Renger van der Zande by six points.
- In GT Daytona, Townsend Bell and Bill Sweedler lead by two points in the No. 555 AIM Autosport Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 over Leh Keen and Cooper MacNeil in the No. 22 Alex Job Racing Porsche 911 GT America.
- Just three points separate the Barbosa/Fittipaldi/Sebastien Bourdais trio from the Scott Pruett/Memo Rojas and Burt/Brian Frisselle pairings in Prototype.
- In GT Le Mans, the No. 91 Porsche 911 RSR trio of Patrick Pilet, Nick Tandy and Richard Lietz have 23, with the No. 4 Corvette, No. 912 Porsche, and Nos. 91 and 93 Viper trios all within four points.
- CORE’s trio of Bennett, Braun and James Gue lead Prototype Challenge by seven over Tom Kimber-Smith and Michael Marsal, for 8Star Motorsports. TKS will co-drive with Sean Rayhall and Eric Lux in the team’s No. 25 entry this weekend.
- Bell and Sweedler have a nine-point lead in NAEC over Marco Seefried in GT Daytona; Seefried is not entered this weekend. The next full-season entry to watch out for is Andy Lally and John Potter in the No. 44 Magnus Racing Porsche 911 GT America, which is 12 points behind.
Here’s the entry list for the race this weekend. Points for the NAEC this weekend are awarded at the three and six-hour marks.
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1