Jun 24, 2014, 9:54 AM EST
Last year, the Verizon IndyCar Series returned to the streets of Houston for the first time in six years. And already since October, there’s been a lot of changes for the series just in the last eight months:
- This race marked the end of Dario Franchitti’s career, after his accident.
- Circuit changes in the name of safety are coming to the track, per a RACER.com report.
- The race shifts from October, where it was hot and humid through Saturday, then rainy Sunday morning last year before heating up again, to June, where highs are projected in the high 80s to low 90s with 30-40% chances of rain.
- The IndyCar series name has changed to the Verizon IndyCar Series; the track name has changed from Reliant Park to NRG Park, as part of the M.D Anderson Cancer Center Speedway at NRG Park.
- This weekend marked Scott Dixon’s most recent victory (Houston Race 1).
- This weekend marked Justin Wilson and James Hinchcliffe’s most recent podium finishes, and Simona de Silvestro’s only career podium before she left to pursue her Formula One dream.
- This weekend marked Josef Newgarden’s most recent top-five finish (fifth in Race 1)
- This race weekend marked Luca Filippi’s most recent starts in the series, and will be his first starts of 2014.
It will be interesting to see if any of those driver stats and the like change coming out of this upcoming doubleheader weekend.
Mar 3, 2015, 7:00 PM EST
One to two sentence bullet point rundown on the PWC GT, GTA, GT Cup field heading into COTA and the 2015 season.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:45 PM EST
Pippa’s Pink Posse to feature prominently in Komen Race for the Cure, for Central Indiana Affiliate.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
It’s the race to repeat in 2015, but will it be Lewis Hamilton or Nico Rosberg who takes the title?
Mar 3, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
Fernando Alonso’s accident in testing has raised way more questions than answers.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:46 AM EST
Sunoco joins IMS, extends with INDYCAR.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:51 AM EST
Formula E partners with FPL for Miami ePrix; Matty Brabham does the demo runs.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:06 AM EST
Tequila Patron ESM, Rolling Stone come together for one-off outing at 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:53 AM EST
Susie Wolff confirmed for Spain, Silverstone FP1 outings and another day in Austria.
Mar 3, 2015, 7:54 AM EST
Alonso ruled out of season opener, following medical advice.
Mar 2, 2015, 7:31 PM EST
Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat premieres this Thursday, March 5, at 8 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Mar 2, 2015, 5:16 PM EST
Jam-packed schedule for inaugural GP of NOLA weekend.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
Toyota Racing’s trio of Davidson, Buemi and Nakajima tour Tokyo.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
RHR’s image on Indianapolis 500 tickets to be unveiled on Thursday.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
With 114 cars total and a manufacturer overload, things look promising for Pirelli World Challenge heading into 2015.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:00 AM EST
F1 and IndyCar kick off; NHRA, sports cars and ladder series also have a busy month of March ahead.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
Mercedes leads in pace, and lap count as F1 preseason testing is in the books for 2015.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:59 AM EST
Mick Schumacher to advance from karting into cars this season.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:21 AM EST
With potential Indy Lights success there for the taking, Max Chilton instead opts for the LMP1 route with Nissan.
Mar 2, 2015, 7:45 AM EST
Max Chilton and Alex Buncombe round out the Nissan LMP1 lineup; Chilton full season and Buncombe at Le Mans.
Mar 2, 2015, 7:34 AM EST
Red Bull takes off the camo, comes back in color.
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 1
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1