Jun 25, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
A few late adds have come into the Sahlen’s Six Hours at the Glen entry list for this weekend’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race. Here’s a quick recap:
- Martin Plowman and David Cheng join Doug Bielefeld in the No. 88 BAR1 Motorsports entry in PC. Plowman makes his second start for the team (Sebring), Cheng his first. “Martin Plowman leads our team as our pro driver for this event,” said team owner Brian Alder. “Martin did a great job at Sebring, as lead driver in our primary car, and was running some of the fastest lap times of all the PC cars toward the end of the race. We are anxious to show what we can do here at the Glen.”
- Guy Cosmo is back on board with Marsh Racing’s No. 31 Whelen Engineering Corvette DP, alongside Boris Said and Eric Curran. “I’ve raced anything with wheels there and I can’t wait to get back. It’s always a great weekend and I’m lucky to have a lot of family and friends who always come out for the six-hour,” said New York native Cosmo, who is also working on the new First Gear Project crowd funded motorsports projects initiative.
- Mike Hedlund joins Performance Tech Motorsports’ No. 38 PC entry with David Ostella. “He did a great job at COTA (in testing),” said team manager Brent O’Neill. “He’s a solid guy who drives a clean race. He’s driven in Ferrari, GRAND-AM and has done some Porsche GTD. He’s got a lot of experience and is just a good guy. We circled back around with him this season and were able to put something together. It’ll be great to have him, and I think he’ll get along well with David (Ostella).”
- Marco Bonanomi, one of the factory drivers who raced an Audi R18 e-tron quattros in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, will be with Fall-Line Motorsports’ No. 46 Audi R8 Ultra in GTD with Charles Espenlaub and Charlie Putman.
- Brett Sandberg saddles up with Flying Lizard Motorsports in the team’s No. 45 Audi R8 Ultra in GTD, alongside Spencer Pumpelly and Nelson Canache. “I am so excited and thankful for this opportunity to drive alongside Spencer and Nelson in this historic 6-hour race. Watkins Glen has always been one of my favorite tracks, almost a home track for me,” said Sandberg.
- Brandon Davis joins Scuderia Corsa’s lineup in the No. 63 Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 in GTD, alongside Alessandro Balzan and Jeff Westphal.
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Rosberg joins Hill, Prost and Senna as Monaco three-peat winners after gifted victory 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 10
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 53