Jun 25, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
In the debut of what will become a regular Driver2Driver feature on NASCAR America, Carl Edwards sits down with NASCAR America’s Jeff Burton to discuss growing up in a small town in Missouri, his father’s influence on his racing career, his relationship with Ken Schrader, his career-initiating opportunity and more.
Edwards even reveals that if he hadn’t gone into racing, he may very well have gone on to become a dentist.
With a gleaming white smile like his, does that surprise you?
Check out the video below:
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 3
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 2
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5