Jun 25, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s NASCAR America, we were joined by Steve Letarte, in his final season as Dale Earnhardt Jr.‘s crew chief (Letarte moves to NBC Sports as a NASCAR TV analyst next season).
After Junior placed third this past Sunday on the road course at Sonoma — the first time he’s ever recorded a top-10 at the twisting and turning track in California’s wine country — Letarte talks about the dynamics of qualifying for the playoffs and how the Chase for the Sprint Cup impacts the rest of the season.
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1