Jun 25, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s NASCAR America, we were joined by Steve Letarte, in his final season as Dale Earnhardt Jr.‘s crew chief (Letarte moves to NBC Sports as a NASCAR TV analyst next season).
After Junior placed third this past Sunday on the road course at Sonoma — the first time he’s ever recorded a top-10 at the twisting and turning track in California’s wine country — Letarte talks about the dynamics of qualifying for the playoffs and how the Chase for the Sprint Cup impacts the rest of the season.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1