Jun 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
This one doesn’t make a ton of sense, but it’s happening anyway.
CorvetteParts.net will sponsor a Ford at Kentucky, Travis Kvapil‘s No. 32 FAS Lane Racing Ford for Frank Stoddard.
It’s part of a deal via the parent company Keen Parts, which will also see the CorvetteParts.net signage on Chad Boat‘s NASCAR Nationwide Series car on Friday night.
Keen is based in nearby Cleves, Ohio; Tom and TJ Keen, the company’s owners, considered Kentucky this sponsor’s home race.
Keen has been on the car for several races this year, but not with the CorvetteParts.net signage. It will this weekend at Kentucky.
Kvapil hasn’t had much to be talked about this year anyway, with only one top-30 finish (29th at Pocono on June 8) all season in 11 starts. He ranks 38th in the points standings.
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 4
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 12
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0