Jun 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
This one doesn’t make a ton of sense, but it’s happening anyway.
CorvetteParts.net will sponsor a Ford at Kentucky, Travis Kvapil‘s No. 32 FAS Lane Racing Ford for Frank Stoddard.
It’s part of a deal via the parent company Keen Parts, which will also see the CorvetteParts.net signage on Chad Boat‘s NASCAR Nationwide Series car on Friday night.
Keen is based in nearby Cleves, Ohio; Tom and TJ Keen, the company’s owners, considered Kentucky this sponsor’s home race.
Keen has been on the car for several races this year, but not with the CorvetteParts.net signage. It will this weekend at Kentucky.
Kvapil hasn’t had much to be talked about this year anyway, with only one top-30 finish (29th at Pocono on June 8) all season in 11 starts. He ranks 38th in the points standings.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0