Jun 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
This one doesn’t make a ton of sense, but it’s happening anyway.
CorvetteParts.net will sponsor a Ford at Kentucky, Travis Kvapil‘s No. 32 FAS Lane Racing Ford for Frank Stoddard.
It’s part of a deal via the parent company Keen Parts, which will also see the CorvetteParts.net signage on Chad Boat‘s NASCAR Nationwide Series car on Friday night.
Keen is based in nearby Cleves, Ohio; Tom and TJ Keen, the company’s owners, considered Kentucky this sponsor’s home race.
Keen has been on the car for several races this year, but not with the CorvetteParts.net signage. It will this weekend at Kentucky.
Kvapil hasn’t had much to be talked about this year anyway, with only one top-30 finish (29th at Pocono on June 8) all season in 11 starts. He ranks 38th in the points standings.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 51
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0