Jun 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
This one doesn’t make a ton of sense, but it’s happening anyway.
CorvetteParts.net will sponsor a Ford at Kentucky, Travis Kvapil‘s No. 32 FAS Lane Racing Ford for Frank Stoddard.
It’s part of a deal via the parent company Keen Parts, which will also see the CorvetteParts.net signage on Chad Boat‘s NASCAR Nationwide Series car on Friday night.
Keen is based in nearby Cleves, Ohio; Tom and TJ Keen, the company’s owners, considered Kentucky this sponsor’s home race.
Keen has been on the car for several races this year, but not with the CorvetteParts.net signage. It will this weekend at Kentucky.
Kvapil hasn’t had much to be talked about this year anyway, with only one top-30 finish (29th at Pocono on June 8) all season in 11 starts. He ranks 38th in the points standings.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 0
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1