Jun 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
This one doesn’t make a ton of sense, but it’s happening anyway.
CorvetteParts.net will sponsor a Ford at Kentucky, Travis Kvapil‘s No. 32 FAS Lane Racing Ford for Frank Stoddard.
It’s part of a deal via the parent company Keen Parts, which will also see the CorvetteParts.net signage on Chad Boat‘s NASCAR Nationwide Series car on Friday night.
Keen is based in nearby Cleves, Ohio; Tom and TJ Keen, the company’s owners, considered Kentucky this sponsor’s home race.
Keen has been on the car for several races this year, but not with the CorvetteParts.net signage. It will this weekend at Kentucky.
Kvapil hasn’t had much to be talked about this year anyway, with only one top-30 finish (29th at Pocono on June 8) all season in 11 starts. He ranks 38th in the points standings.
- Power wins Verizon P1 Award in Detroit with new track record 0
- Preview: Detroit’s doubleheader a crucial weekend for IndyCar championship 0
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 2
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 7
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 5
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 8
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2