Jun 26, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
After skipping the last two NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races, Kyle Busch is back behind the wheel at Kentucky Speedway — and looking for his fifth win of the season in Thursday night’s UNOH 225, the eighth race thus far in 2014.
And to almost no one’s surprise, Busch was right near the top of the speed chart in the first of two NCWTS practices Thursday.
German Quiroga Jr. was the fastest in the morning practice with a top speed of 175.501 mph.
But right behind Quiroga was the younger Busch brother, who recorded a fast lap of 175.291 mph, meaning he and Quiroga were the only two drivers to break the 175 mph barrier.
Third-fastest was Ryan Blaney (174.351 mph), followed by Joey Coulter (174.070), Timothy Peters (174.014), Darrell Wallace Jr. (173.885), Austin Dillon (173.377), Jeb Burton (173.327), Tayler Malsam (173.166) and Joe Nemecheck (173.005).
Johnny Sauter was 11th-fastest (172.778 mph), while 12th through 20th were Matt Crafton (172.678), Ben Kennedy (172.326), Ron Hornaday Jr. (172.293), Corey Lajoie (172.123), Brad Keselowski (171.799), Max Gresham (171.385), Bryan Silas (170.962), Mason Mingus (170.778) and John Wes Townley (170.713).
Tyler Young was 21st-fastest (169.492), followed by Caleb Holman (169.364), JJ Yeley (169.221), Jimmy Weller III (166.775), T.J. Bell (165.406), Justin Jennings (161.812) and Jennifer Jo Cobb (158.651).
Chase Pistone did not take any practice laps.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Simon Pagenaud fastest in IndyCar’s final Long Beach practice 0
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2