Jun 26, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
After he finished second two weeks ago at Gateway Motorsports Park, German Quiroga Jr. said he believed his first career win in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series was due soon.
At the rate he practiced Thursday, that first win could potentially happen later tonight for Quiroga in the UNOH 225 at Kentucky Speedway.
After being fastest in Thursday’s first practice session, Quiroga doubled up to be fastest in the second session, as well, with a fast lap of 176.028 mph.
Qualifying for tonight’s race begins at 4:40 pm ET, with the green flag for the race slated to fall right after 8 pm ET.
Fifth-fastest was Tayler Malsam (174.295 mph), followed by Ryan Blaney (173.935), Jeb Burton (173.639), Gateway winner Darrell Wallace Jr. (173.127), Ben Kennedy (173.094 and Ron Hornaday Jr. (172.933).
Joey Coulter was 11th-fastest (172.889 mph), followed by Johnny Sauter (172.695), Max Gresham (172.673), Joe Nemechek (172.243), Brad Keselowski (172.046), Matt Crafton (171.991), Chase Pistone (171.537), Bryan Silas (171.141), John Wes Townley (171.108) and Corey Lajoie (171.092).
Mason Mingus was 21st-fastest (170.385 mph), followed by Tyler Sharp (170.229), Caleb Holman (169.550), JJ Yeley (168.819), Jimmy Weller III (167.989), T.J. Bell (165.924), Jennifer Jo Cobb (164.279), Charles Lewandoski (160.109), Norm Benning (158.964), Ryan Ellis (155.822) and Adam Edwards (130.561).
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 1
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0
- Kevin Harvick in a class of his own, dominates Atlanta NNS race 0
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar crowns its champion tonight at Fontana 1
- Lessons learned from Dale Earnhardt death readily seen in way NASCAR has dealt with Tony Stewart tragedy 2
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice (UPDATED, VIDEO) 4