Jun 26, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
After he finished second two weeks ago at Gateway Motorsports Park, German Quiroga Jr. said he believed his first career win in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series was due soon.
At the rate he practiced Thursday, that first win could potentially happen later tonight for Quiroga in the UNOH 225 at Kentucky Speedway.
After being fastest in Thursday’s first practice session, Quiroga doubled up to be fastest in the second session, as well, with a fast lap of 176.028 mph.
Qualifying for tonight’s race begins at 4:40 pm ET, with the green flag for the race slated to fall right after 8 pm ET.
Fifth-fastest was Tayler Malsam (174.295 mph), followed by Ryan Blaney (173.935), Jeb Burton (173.639), Gateway winner Darrell Wallace Jr. (173.127), Ben Kennedy (173.094 and Ron Hornaday Jr. (172.933).
Joey Coulter was 11th-fastest (172.889 mph), followed by Johnny Sauter (172.695), Max Gresham (172.673), Joe Nemechek (172.243), Brad Keselowski (172.046), Matt Crafton (171.991), Chase Pistone (171.537), Bryan Silas (171.141), John Wes Townley (171.108) and Corey Lajoie (171.092).
Mason Mingus was 21st-fastest (170.385 mph), followed by Tyler Sharp (170.229), Caleb Holman (169.550), JJ Yeley (168.819), Jimmy Weller III (167.989), T.J. Bell (165.924), Jennifer Jo Cobb (164.279), Charles Lewandoski (160.109), Norm Benning (158.964), Ryan Ellis (155.822) and Adam Edwards (130.561).
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 0
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 1
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 1
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0