Jun 26, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
After he finished second two weeks ago at Gateway Motorsports Park, German Quiroga Jr. said he believed his first career win in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series was due soon.
At the rate he practiced Thursday, that first win could potentially happen later tonight for Quiroga in the UNOH 225 at Kentucky Speedway.
After being fastest in Thursday’s first practice session, Quiroga doubled up to be fastest in the second session, as well, with a fast lap of 176.028 mph.
Qualifying for tonight’s race begins at 4:40 pm ET, with the green flag for the race slated to fall right after 8 pm ET.
Fifth-fastest was Tayler Malsam (174.295 mph), followed by Ryan Blaney (173.935), Jeb Burton (173.639), Gateway winner Darrell Wallace Jr. (173.127), Ben Kennedy (173.094 and Ron Hornaday Jr. (172.933).
Joey Coulter was 11th-fastest (172.889 mph), followed by Johnny Sauter (172.695), Max Gresham (172.673), Joe Nemechek (172.243), Brad Keselowski (172.046), Matt Crafton (171.991), Chase Pistone (171.537), Bryan Silas (171.141), John Wes Townley (171.108) and Corey Lajoie (171.092).
Mason Mingus was 21st-fastest (170.385 mph), followed by Tyler Sharp (170.229), Caleb Holman (169.550), JJ Yeley (168.819), Jimmy Weller III (167.989), T.J. Bell (165.924), Jennifer Jo Cobb (164.279), Charles Lewandoski (160.109), Norm Benning (158.964), Ryan Ellis (155.822) and Adam Edwards (130.561).
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Hamilton may have won again, but it was Raikkonen and Rosberg who stood out in Bahrain 5
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win 2
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 6
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0