Jun 26, 2014, 7:53 PM EDT
Just over an hour after qualifying No. 1 for Thursday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Kyle Busch recorded the fastest lap during the weekend’s first Nationwide Series practice session at Kentucky Speedway.
Chase Elliott was 11th-fastest (173.433 mph), followed by Elliott Sadler (173.210), Matt Kenseth (172.961), Mike Bliss (172.667), Ryan Reed (172.590), Regan Smith (172.397), Trevor Bayne (172.210), Ryan Sieg (171.914), Chris Buescher (171.827) and Dylan Kwasniewski (171.603).
A total of 44 drivers took to the track.
The second NNS practice will be held Friday morning at 9 am ET, with qualifying set for later in the afternoon at 3:40 pm ET. The race, the John R. Elliott Hero Campaign 300, goes off Friday evening at 7:30 pm ET.
Busch, Keselowski and Joe Nemechek are attempting to race in all three of this weekend’s events at Kentucky Speedway: Camping World Truck Series, Nationwide Series and Sprint Cup Series.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 0
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13
- DiZinno: Justin Wilson’s enduring legacy, positive spirit loom as large as his frame 2
- Justin Wilson dies at age 37 28
- Race Recap: Hamilton cruises to sixth victory of 2015 at Spa 3