Jun 26, 2014, 7:53 PM EST
Just over an hour after qualifying No. 1 for Thursday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Kyle Busch recorded the fastest lap during the weekend’s first Nationwide Series practice session at Kentucky Speedway.
Chase Elliott was 11th-fastest (173.433 mph), followed by Elliott Sadler (173.210), Matt Kenseth (172.961), Mike Bliss (172.667), Ryan Reed (172.590), Regan Smith (172.397), Trevor Bayne (172.210), Ryan Sieg (171.914), Chris Buescher (171.827) and Dylan Kwasniewski (171.603).
A total of 44 drivers took to the track.
The second NNS practice will be held Friday morning at 9 am ET, with qualifying set for later in the afternoon at 3:40 pm ET. The race, the John R. Elliott Hero Campaign 300, goes off Friday evening at 7:30 pm ET.
Busch, Keselowski and Joe Nemechek are attempting to race in all three of this weekend’s events at Kentucky Speedway: Camping World Truck Series, Nationwide Series and Sprint Cup Series.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0