Jun 26, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
Caterpillar has renewed its partnership with Richard Childress Racing and Ryan Newman, although no terms or years of the renewal were released.
Still, this extends a partnership that began in 2009, and sees the company on board Newman’s No. 31 Chevrolet.
“I am very pleased to announce the continuation of our partnership with Caterpillar and the No. 31 Chevrolet in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series,” Richard Childress, President and CEO of Richard Childress Racing, said in a team release. “I am very fortunate to have met and interacted with so many Cat dealers, customers and equipment operators through the past six years. I am proud to be associated with Caterpillar. As much as they love racing and our passion for it, I also share their love of Cat equipment by using it at my property.”
Newman currently ranks eighth in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series points standings with five top-10 finishes, although he is yet to score his first top-five with RCR since joining the team at the start of the year.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 1
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 18
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 1
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 5
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1