Jun 26, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
Caterpillar has renewed its partnership with Richard Childress Racing and Ryan Newman, although no terms or years of the renewal were released.
Still, this extends a partnership that began in 2009, and sees the company on board Newman’s No. 31 Chevrolet.
“I am very pleased to announce the continuation of our partnership with Caterpillar and the No. 31 Chevrolet in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series,” Richard Childress, President and CEO of Richard Childress Racing, said in a team release. “I am very fortunate to have met and interacted with so many Cat dealers, customers and equipment operators through the past six years. I am proud to be associated with Caterpillar. As much as they love racing and our passion for it, I also share their love of Cat equipment by using it at my property.”
Newman currently ranks eighth in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series points standings with five top-10 finishes, although he is yet to score his first top-five with RCR since joining the team at the start of the year.
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 5
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 9
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2
- Audi boss Ullrich laughs off continual F1 rumors 2