Jun 26, 2014, 6:03 PM EDT
Massachusetts driver Eddie MacDonald, a fixture in sportsman and K&N Pro Series East racing in the Northeast, will make his Sprint Cup debut in two weeks at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
A native of Rowley, Massachusetts, MacDonald will drive the No. 32 Go FAS Racing Ford Fusion co-owned by long-time NASCAR crew chief and NBC analyst Frank Stoddard and Archie St. Hilaire.
MacDonald will be sponsored in the Camping World Sales 301 NASCAR Sprint Cup race by Blue Vase Marketing, of Beverly, Massachusetts, whose president and CEO is Michael Alden.
“This is my dream come true,” MacDonald said in a team media release. “I can’t thank Archie, Frank and Mike enough for giving me this opportunity to race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.”
MacDonald’s main series has been the K&N Pro Series East. He’s made 179 starts, with seven wins, 32 top-5 and 86 top-10 finishes. His best season finish to date has been second in the 2009 campaign.
“It has always been a goal to drive a Cup car and to do it at my home track with family, friends, and supporters from all over New England is something very special to me. I have been lucky enough to win a number of races (at NHMS) so hopefully my experience will provide me the opportunity to run well for Archie and the team.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 5
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0