Jun 26, 2014, 6:03 PM EDT
Massachusetts driver Eddie MacDonald, a fixture in sportsman and K&N Pro Series East racing in the Northeast, will make his Sprint Cup debut in two weeks at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
A native of Rowley, Massachusetts, MacDonald will drive the No. 32 Go FAS Racing Ford Fusion co-owned by long-time NASCAR crew chief and NBC analyst Frank Stoddard and Archie St. Hilaire.
MacDonald will be sponsored in the Camping World Sales 301 NASCAR Sprint Cup race by Blue Vase Marketing, of Beverly, Massachusetts, whose president and CEO is Michael Alden.
“This is my dream come true,” MacDonald said in a team media release. “I can’t thank Archie, Frank and Mike enough for giving me this opportunity to race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.”
MacDonald’s main series has been the K&N Pro Series East. He’s made 179 starts, with seven wins, 32 top-5 and 86 top-10 finishes. His best season finish to date has been second in the 2009 campaign.
“It has always been a goal to drive a Cup car and to do it at my home track with family, friends, and supporters from all over New England is something very special to me. I have been lucky enough to win a number of races (at NHMS) so hopefully my experience will provide me the opportunity to run well for Archie and the team.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- WATCH LIVE: Bahrain GP Race Day on NBCSN and Live Extra from 10:30am ET 0
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7