Jun 26, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
A pair of ex-Formula One shoes, former F3000 rivals and current competitors in the FIA World Endurance Championship have been confirmed as teammates for the new FIA Formula E Championship with Venturi GP.
The team has brought in Stephane Sarrazin of the Le Mans 24-hour polesitting No. 7 Toyota TS040 Hybrid in the WEC and Nick Heidfeld, who currently co-drives the No. 12 Rebellion R-One Toyota in the WEC to be teammates in Venturi’s FIA Formula E effort.
“It feels special to be part of a starting project that is going to bring a lot for the development of the automobile,” Heidfeld said in a team release.
Added Sarrazin (pictured, with Toyota co-drivers Kazuki Nakajima and Alexander Wurz), “I am excited and motivated to sit in a totally new car with pioneering technology.”
The pair are the most recent ex-F1 shoes confirmed for the new championship; most recently Jarno Trulli’s new team was announced last week.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3