Jun 26, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
A pair of ex-Formula One shoes, former F3000 rivals and current competitors in the FIA World Endurance Championship have been confirmed as teammates for the new FIA Formula E Championship with Venturi GP.
The team has brought in Stephane Sarrazin of the Le Mans 24-hour polesitting No. 7 Toyota TS040 Hybrid in the WEC and Nick Heidfeld, who currently co-drives the No. 12 Rebellion R-One Toyota in the WEC to be teammates in Venturi’s FIA Formula E effort.
“It feels special to be part of a starting project that is going to bring a lot for the development of the automobile,” Heidfeld said in a team release.
Added Sarrazin (pictured, with Toyota co-drivers Kazuki Nakajima and Alexander Wurz), “I am excited and motivated to sit in a totally new car with pioneering technology.”
The pair are the most recent ex-F1 shoes confirmed for the new championship; most recently Jarno Trulli’s new team was announced last week.
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 0
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win 0
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 0
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1