Jun 26, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
A pair of ex-Formula One shoes, former F3000 rivals and current competitors in the FIA World Endurance Championship have been confirmed as teammates for the new FIA Formula E Championship with Venturi GP.
The team has brought in Stephane Sarrazin of the Le Mans 24-hour polesitting No. 7 Toyota TS040 Hybrid in the WEC and Nick Heidfeld, who currently co-drives the No. 12 Rebellion R-One Toyota in the WEC to be teammates in Venturi’s FIA Formula E effort.
“It feels special to be part of a starting project that is going to bring a lot for the development of the automobile,” Heidfeld said in a team release.
Added Sarrazin (pictured, with Toyota co-drivers Kazuki Nakajima and Alexander Wurz), “I am excited and motivated to sit in a totally new car with pioneering technology.”
The pair are the most recent ex-F1 shoes confirmed for the new championship; most recently Jarno Trulli’s new team was announced last week.
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 0
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 0
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13
- DiZinno: Justin Wilson’s enduring legacy, positive spirit loom as large as his frame 2
- Justin Wilson dies at age 37 28