Jun 26, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
A pair of ex-Formula One shoes, former F3000 rivals and current competitors in the FIA World Endurance Championship have been confirmed as teammates for the new FIA Formula E Championship with Venturi GP.
The team has brought in Stephane Sarrazin of the Le Mans 24-hour polesitting No. 7 Toyota TS040 Hybrid in the WEC and Nick Heidfeld, who currently co-drives the No. 12 Rebellion R-One Toyota in the WEC to be teammates in Venturi’s FIA Formula E effort.
“It feels special to be part of a starting project that is going to bring a lot for the development of the automobile,” Heidfeld said in a team release.
Added Sarrazin (pictured, with Toyota co-drivers Kazuki Nakajima and Alexander Wurz), “I am excited and motivated to sit in a totally new car with pioneering technology.”
The pair are the most recent ex-F1 shoes confirmed for the new championship; most recently Jarno Trulli’s new team was announced last week.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1