Jun 26, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
A pair of ex-Formula One shoes, former F3000 rivals and current competitors in the FIA World Endurance Championship have been confirmed as teammates for the new FIA Formula E Championship with Venturi GP.
The team has brought in Stephane Sarrazin of the Le Mans 24-hour polesitting No. 7 Toyota TS040 Hybrid in the WEC and Nick Heidfeld, who currently co-drives the No. 12 Rebellion R-One Toyota in the WEC to be teammates in Venturi’s FIA Formula E effort.
“It feels special to be part of a starting project that is going to bring a lot for the development of the automobile,” Heidfeld said in a team release.
Added Sarrazin (pictured, with Toyota co-drivers Kazuki Nakajima and Alexander Wurz), “I am excited and motivated to sit in a totally new car with pioneering technology.”
The pair are the most recent ex-F1 shoes confirmed for the new championship; most recently Jarno Trulli’s new team was announced last week.
- NASCAR AMERICA: Thursday round-up (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar: A crucial weekend to commence at Mid-Ohio 0
- Mark Martin returning to Roush Fenway Racing in unique role 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 3
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12