Jun 27, 2014, 2:33 PM EST
Brad Keselowski was among a group of drivers that made moves toward the top of the speed charts in the latter stages of today’s Sprint Cup final practice at Kentucky Speedway.
Danica Patrick held P1 for a good portion of the session, but in the end, Brad Keselowski turned in the fastest time with a lap of 183.101 miles per hour in the No. 2 Team Penske Ford.
Four other drivers leap-frogged Patrick late: Defending Kentucky winner Matt Kenseth in second (182.309), Practice 1 leader Kyle Larson in third (182.088), Jeff Gordon in fourth (181.941), and Keselowski’s teammate, Joey Logano, in fifth (181.677).
Positions 6-10 were filled by Patrick (181.488), A.J. Allmendinger (181.129), Kevin Harvick (180.862), last night’s Camping World Truck Series winner Kyle Busch (180.826), and Denny Hamlin (180.693).
Qualifying is now up next for the Sprint Cup contingent at 5:40 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 0
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 5
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 4
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0
- McLaren reveals Honda-powered MP4-30 for 2015 F1 season 1
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3