Jun 27, 2014, 2:33 PM EDT
Brad Keselowski was among a group of drivers that made moves toward the top of the speed charts in the latter stages of today’s Sprint Cup final practice at Kentucky Speedway.
Danica Patrick held P1 for a good portion of the session, but in the end, Brad Keselowski turned in the fastest time with a lap of 183.101 miles per hour in the No. 2 Team Penske Ford.
Four other drivers leap-frogged Patrick late: Defending Kentucky winner Matt Kenseth in second (182.309), Practice 1 leader Kyle Larson in third (182.088), Jeff Gordon in fourth (181.941), and Keselowski’s teammate, Joey Logano, in fifth (181.677).
Positions 6-10 were filled by Patrick (181.488), A.J. Allmendinger (181.129), Kevin Harvick (180.862), last night’s Camping World Truck Series winner Kyle Busch (180.826), and Denny Hamlin (180.693).
Qualifying is now up next for the Sprint Cup contingent at 5:40 p.m. ET.
- What to watch for: IndyCar at St. Petersburg 0
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 4
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 7
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 4