Jun 27, 2014, 2:33 PM EDT
Brad Keselowski was among a group of drivers that made moves toward the top of the speed charts in the latter stages of today’s Sprint Cup final practice at Kentucky Speedway.
Danica Patrick held P1 for a good portion of the session, but in the end, Brad Keselowski turned in the fastest time with a lap of 183.101 miles per hour in the No. 2 Team Penske Ford.
Four other drivers leap-frogged Patrick late: Defending Kentucky winner Matt Kenseth in second (182.309), Practice 1 leader Kyle Larson in third (182.088), Jeff Gordon in fourth (181.941), and Keselowski’s teammate, Joey Logano, in fifth (181.677).
Positions 6-10 were filled by Patrick (181.488), A.J. Allmendinger (181.129), Kevin Harvick (180.862), last night’s Camping World Truck Series winner Kyle Busch (180.826), and Denny Hamlin (180.693).
Qualifying is now up next for the Sprint Cup contingent at 5:40 p.m. ET.
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 5
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 5