Jun 27, 2014, 2:33 PM EDT
Brad Keselowski was among a group of drivers that made moves toward the top of the speed charts in the latter stages of today’s Sprint Cup final practice at Kentucky Speedway.
Danica Patrick held P1 for a good portion of the session, but in the end, Brad Keselowski turned in the fastest time with a lap of 183.101 miles per hour in the No. 2 Team Penske Ford.
Four other drivers leap-frogged Patrick late: Defending Kentucky winner Matt Kenseth in second (182.309), Practice 1 leader Kyle Larson in third (182.088), Jeff Gordon in fourth (181.941), and Keselowski’s teammate, Joey Logano, in fifth (181.677).
Positions 6-10 were filled by Patrick (181.488), A.J. Allmendinger (181.129), Kevin Harvick (180.862), last night’s Camping World Truck Series winner Kyle Busch (180.826), and Denny Hamlin (180.693).
Qualifying is now up next for the Sprint Cup contingent at 5:40 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4