Jun 27, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
Fan Force United announced Friday that it plans to enter the full 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series season, with rookie Stefan Wilson. The younger Wilson, 24, made his IndyCar debut at Baltimore last season as a teammate at Dale Coyne Racing to older brother Justin.
The team reports it has a letter of intent with sponsor Jilcat Industries, and Fan Force created a business alliance with Xclusive Marketing Agency. The team, which includes co-owners Tyce Carlson and Chris Williams, has raced in Indy Lights in various iterations since 2008, when it began as Alliance Motorsports.
“This is a really exciting time for all of us at Fan Force United, having Jilcat Industries partner with the team for 2015 and beyond, is just a dream come true for everyone involved,” Stefan Wilson said in the team’s release. “I had the chance to race for Fan Force at the Indy Lights finale at Fontana in 2012. They didn’t know much about me and I didn’t know much about them going into it, we secured their best result of the year together that weekend and became great friends in doing so.”
The group is working toward a potential one-off race or two later this year with Wilson behind the wheel.
FFU’s sole IndyCar start came in the 2012 Indianapolis 500 with Jean Alesi and a Lotus engine, but the underpowered car was black-flagged in the first 10 laps. The team currently competes in Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires with Scott Anderson.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3