Jun 27, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
Sprint Cup regular Kevin Harvick out-hustled a pair of drivers from the surging Richard Childress Racing camp in the final practice session for tonight’s NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Kentucky Speedway.
Harvick, making his eighth Nationwide start of the year for JR Motorsports, posted a lap of 176.910 miles per hour in the No. 5 Chevrolet after running seventh in last night’s Nationwide practice.
Second was RCR rookie Ty Dillon with his lap of 176.667 mph in the No. 3 Chevy and in third was teammate/Cup driver Paul Menard (176.580). Menard won his most recent Nationwide start two weeks ago at Michigan.
Brad Keselowski, Road America winner Brendan Gaughan, Ryan Blaney, Kyle Larson and Elliott Sadler completed the Top 10. Kyle Busch, who led the aforementioned practice last night, was 11th-fastest this morning, while current series points leader Regan Smith was 13th.
Qualifying will take place at 3:40 p.m. ET, followed by the 300-mile main event tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET.
- WATCH LIVE: Monaco GP Race Day on NBCSN and Live Extra from 7am, NBC from 7:30am 0
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 1
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0