Jun 27, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
Sprint Cup regular Kevin Harvick out-hustled a pair of drivers from the surging Richard Childress Racing camp in the final practice session for tonight’s NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Kentucky Speedway.
Harvick, making his eighth Nationwide start of the year for JR Motorsports, posted a lap of 176.910 miles per hour in the No. 5 Chevrolet after running seventh in last night’s Nationwide practice.
Second was RCR rookie Ty Dillon with his lap of 176.667 mph in the No. 3 Chevy and in third was teammate/Cup driver Paul Menard (176.580). Menard won his most recent Nationwide start two weeks ago at Michigan.
Brad Keselowski, Road America winner Brendan Gaughan, Ryan Blaney, Kyle Larson and Elliott Sadler completed the Top 10. Kyle Busch, who led the aforementioned practice last night, was 11th-fastest this morning, while current series points leader Regan Smith was 13th.
Qualifying will take place at 3:40 p.m. ET, followed by the 300-mile main event tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 12
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0