Jun 28, 2014, 1:27 PM EST
After a week off, the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship is back with the fifth round of the series, the Red Bull Tennessee National, coming up today.
The off-week was anything but quiet as James Stewart made headlines when word came out that he failed a drug test during the Supercross season and has been provisionally suspended by the FIM. Because the failed test occurred while Stewart was racing in a different series, it won’t prevent him from racing the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship – at least for now.
Stewart was building up a ton of momentum in the 450 Class after sweeping both motos at High Point but is faced with quite possibly his biggest challenge ever on the track. Having recently inched closer to Ken Roczen in the championship battle, Stewart can not afford a setback and must mentally put the adversity aside.
Today also marks the debut of Eli Tomac in the 450 Class. Last year’s champion in the 250 Class is making the move to the premier class this season but has been sidelined through the first four rounds because of a broken collarbone.
Tomac could be set for a quick start to his 450MX career after posting the fastest lap in this morning’s qualifying session though. If he is healthy, expect him to settle in as a top-five rider battling the likes of Roczen, Stewart, Ryan Dungey and Trey Canard.
All four motos today will be streamed live online via ProMotocross.com and NBC Sports Live Extra starting with the first motos at 1PM E.T. Click here to watch.
NBC will also be televising the second 450 Class moto live at 3 PM E.T. Tune in to watch Stewart, Tomac, Roczen and the rest of the field battle for the overall win.
NBCSN will also provide same-day coverage of the second 250 Class moto at 6 PM E.T.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 14
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1