Jun 29, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
In addition to all the racing action this weekend, the world-famous Goodwood Festival of Speed is taking place over in England. The annual gathering features race cars from past and present taking part in both demo runs and in competition runs on a 1.16-mile course.
Kerry Earnhardt has already attended Goodwood twice in 2010 and 2013, and he’s back again to drive the 2000 No. 3 GM Goodwrench Service Plus/Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet that his late father, seven-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Dale Earnhardt Sr., piloted.
Also in attendance for Goodwood is three-time Indianapolis 500 champion Dario Franchitti, who tweeted this awesome shot today of Kerry driving the famous No. 3 from the cockpit of a Mercedes-Benz DTM touring car.
Yesterday, the RCR camp also tweeted this shot:
In 2013, Kerry drove another one of his father’s 2000-spec No. 3 Chevys at Goodwood. Three years before, in his first Goodwood appearance, Kerry was in the No. 3 that took Dale Sr. to victory in the 1995 Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 6
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 7
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1