Jun 29, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
In addition to all the racing action this weekend, the world-famous Goodwood Festival of Speed is taking place over in England. The annual gathering features race cars from past and present taking part in both demo runs and in competition runs on a 1.16-mile course.
Kerry Earnhardt has already attended Goodwood twice in 2010 and 2013, and he’s back again to drive the 2000 No. 3 GM Goodwrench Service Plus/Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet that his late father, seven-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Dale Earnhardt Sr., piloted.
Also in attendance for Goodwood is three-time Indianapolis 500 champion Dario Franchitti, who tweeted this awesome shot today of Kerry driving the famous No. 3 from the cockpit of a Mercedes-Benz DTM touring car.
Yesterday, the RCR camp also tweeted this shot:
In 2013, Kerry drove another one of his father’s 2000-spec No. 3 Chevys at Goodwood. Three years before, in his first Goodwood appearance, Kerry was in the No. 3 that took Dale Sr. to victory in the 1995 Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- New McLaren Honda livery revealed 1
- Q&A: IMS President Doug Boles heading into 2015 Month of May, 2016 planning 0
- Indiana native Bryan Clauson ready for special Indy 500 return 4
- On eve of 300th IndyCar start, Helio Castroneves eyes record-tying fourth Indy 500 win 3
- Alex Tagliani to drive 3rd AJ Foyt car in Indy 500, will pay tribute to Dan Gurney 3
- NHRA legend John Force turns 66, not slowing down any time soon 1
- Montoya fastest on opening day of Indianapolis 500 practice 2