Jun 29, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Yesterday’s Race 1 of the Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston had a little bit of everything and yielded a shock winner, as Dale Coyne Racing rookie Carlos Huertas earned his first career Verizon IndyCar Series victory.
Will today’s Race 2 on the 1.7-mile, 10-turn NRG Park street circuit have even more surprises?
You can find out by watching it today at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN. However, if you can’t be near your TV, you can CLICK HERE at 3 p.m. ET to stream it online or on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
In regards to the series championship, Helio Castroneves will get another opportunity to hack into the points lead of his teammate, Will Power.
Power finished 14th in Race 1 but his edge in the standings over Castroneves only decreased by six points to 33, as the Brazilian placed ninth.
Today, Castroneves will start on the pole while Power will once again have to try and climb from the rear of the field after qualifying 18th for the second day in a row. Can Castroneves take advantage of his opportunity?
If you plan to stream today’s race, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 3 p.m. ET to stream NBCSN’s coverage of Race 2 of the Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 9
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 2
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6