Jun 29, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Yesterday’s Race 1 of the Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston had a little bit of everything and yielded a shock winner, as Dale Coyne Racing rookie Carlos Huertas earned his first career Verizon IndyCar Series victory.
Will today’s Race 2 on the 1.7-mile, 10-turn NRG Park street circuit have even more surprises?
You can find out by watching it today at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN. However, if you can’t be near your TV, you can CLICK HERE at 3 p.m. ET to stream it online or on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
In regards to the series championship, Helio Castroneves will get another opportunity to hack into the points lead of his teammate, Will Power.
Power finished 14th in Race 1 but his edge in the standings over Castroneves only decreased by six points to 33, as the Brazilian placed ninth.
Today, Castroneves will start on the pole while Power will once again have to try and climb from the rear of the field after qualifying 18th for the second day in a row. Can Castroneves take advantage of his opportunity?
If you plan to stream today’s race, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 3 p.m. ET to stream NBCSN’s coverage of Race 2 of the Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston.
Video from NASCAR America
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 2
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2