Jun 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
One of the most important elements of handling on a race car is the camber, or the vertical tilt of its wheels. A successful camber adjustment can help the car attain more grip, especially as it travels through corners.
In today’s “Xerox 30 Seconds To Know,” NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty explains the basics of camber and how it can impact a car’s performance both positively and negatively. You can check out what he has to say in the clip above.
Also, here are a few more motorsport-related items from the “30 Seconds To Know” series – in case you didn’t catch them the first time or just want to revisit…
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 2
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11