Jun 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
One of the most important elements of handling on a race car is the camber, or the vertical tilt of its wheels. A successful camber adjustment can help the car attain more grip, especially as it travels through corners.
In today’s “Xerox 30 Seconds To Know,” NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty explains the basics of camber and how it can impact a car’s performance both positively and negatively. You can check out what he has to say in the clip above.
Also, here are a few more motorsport-related items from the “30 Seconds To Know” series – in case you didn’t catch them the first time or just want to revisit…
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 6
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1