Jun 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
One of the most important elements of handling on a race car is the camber, or the vertical tilt of its wheels. A successful camber adjustment can help the car attain more grip, especially as it travels through corners.
In today’s “Xerox 30 Seconds To Know,” NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty explains the basics of camber and how it can impact a car’s performance both positively and negatively. You can check out what he has to say in the clip above.
Also, here are a few more motorsport-related items from the “30 Seconds To Know” series – in case you didn’t catch them the first time or just want to revisit…
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1