Jun 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
One of the most important elements of handling on a race car is the camber, or the vertical tilt of its wheels. A successful camber adjustment can help the car attain more grip, especially as it travels through corners.
In today’s “Xerox 30 Seconds To Know,” NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty explains the basics of camber and how it can impact a car’s performance both positively and negatively. You can check out what he has to say in the clip above.
Also, here are a few more motorsport-related items from the “30 Seconds To Know” series – in case you didn’t catch them the first time or just want to revisit…
- WATCH LIVE: Denny Hamlin reacts to Indy penalties on NASCAR AMERICA 0
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12
- Ten with Townsend: Toronto debrief 0
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 4
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0