Jun 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
One of the most important elements of handling on a race car is the camber, or the vertical tilt of its wheels. A successful camber adjustment can help the car attain more grip, especially as it travels through corners.
In today’s “Xerox 30 Seconds To Know,” NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty explains the basics of camber and how it can impact a car’s performance both positively and negatively. You can check out what he has to say in the clip above.
Also, here are a few more motorsport-related items from the “30 Seconds To Know” series – in case you didn’t catch them the first time or just want to revisit…
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 1
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 5
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 2
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 47
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0