Jun 30, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
The racing at Houston (Verizon IndyCar Series) and Watkins Glen (TUDOR United SportsCar Championship) was not limited to the headline series. Here’s who else was racing at those two circuits this weekend:
- Pro Mazda Presented by Cooper Tires: Series title rivals Scott Hargrove (Saturday) and Spencer Pigot (Sunday) split the victories in the Pro Mazda ranks, and Pigot now leads Hargrove by 17 points (225-208) as the series heads for Mid-Ohio next in August.
- Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup: A weekend sweep for Kenton Koch in the Mazda MX-5 ranks netted the young Californian that series points lead over John Dean.
- Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge: GS winners Andrew Davis and Robin Liddell became the first two-time winners this season aboard their No. 6 Stevenson Motorsports Camaro Z/28.R, with Liddell doing well to hold off a last lap charge from BJ Zacharias’ Doran Racing Nissan 370Z. Meanwhile in ST, Kyle Gimple and Ryan Eversley (pictured) delivered Compass360 Racing its first win in CTSC since 2011 in their No. 75 Honda Civic Si, with Eversley masterfully executing a fuel save job in the dying stages to hang on. The win is Eversley’s third and Gimple’s first in the series.
- IMSA Porsche GT3 Cup: A pair of last lap passes netted Colin Thompson his first two wins in the series. Here’s video of his race one pass of Angel Benitez Jr. at the final corner.
- IMSA Cooper Tire Prototype Lites: Mikhail Goikhberg swept the weekend and now has five wins in six races this season.
- Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo: John Farano and former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series rookie of the year Kevin Conway split the race wins.
Video from NASCAR America
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 1
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3