Jun 30, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
The racing at Houston (Verizon IndyCar Series) and Watkins Glen (TUDOR United SportsCar Championship) was not limited to the headline series. Here’s who else was racing at those two circuits this weekend:
- Pro Mazda Presented by Cooper Tires: Series title rivals Scott Hargrove (Saturday) and Spencer Pigot (Sunday) split the victories in the Pro Mazda ranks, and Pigot now leads Hargrove by 17 points (225-208) as the series heads for Mid-Ohio next in August.
- Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup: A weekend sweep for Kenton Koch in the Mazda MX-5 ranks netted the young Californian that series points lead over John Dean.
- Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge: GS winners Andrew Davis and Robin Liddell became the first two-time winners this season aboard their No. 6 Stevenson Motorsports Camaro Z/28.R, with Liddell doing well to hold off a last lap charge from BJ Zacharias’ Doran Racing Nissan 370Z. Meanwhile in ST, Kyle Gimple and Ryan Eversley (pictured) delivered Compass360 Racing its first win in CTSC since 2011 in their No. 75 Honda Civic Si, with Eversley masterfully executing a fuel save job in the dying stages to hang on. The win is Eversley’s third and Gimple’s first in the series.
- IMSA Porsche GT3 Cup: A pair of last lap passes netted Colin Thompson his first two wins in the series. Here’s video of his race one pass of Angel Benitez Jr. at the final corner.
- IMSA Cooper Tire Prototype Lites: Mikhail Goikhberg swept the weekend and now has five wins in six races this season.
- Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo: John Farano and former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series rookie of the year Kevin Conway split the race wins.
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 10
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 1