Jun 30, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
The racing at Houston (Verizon IndyCar Series) and Watkins Glen (TUDOR United SportsCar Championship) was not limited to the headline series. Here’s who else was racing at those two circuits this weekend:
- Pro Mazda Presented by Cooper Tires: Series title rivals Scott Hargrove (Saturday) and Spencer Pigot (Sunday) split the victories in the Pro Mazda ranks, and Pigot now leads Hargrove by 17 points (225-208) as the series heads for Mid-Ohio next in August.
- Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup: A weekend sweep for Kenton Koch in the Mazda MX-5 ranks netted the young Californian that series points lead over John Dean.
- Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge: GS winners Andrew Davis and Robin Liddell became the first two-time winners this season aboard their No. 6 Stevenson Motorsports Camaro Z/28.R, with Liddell doing well to hold off a last lap charge from BJ Zacharias’ Doran Racing Nissan 370Z. Meanwhile in ST, Kyle Gimple and Ryan Eversley (pictured) delivered Compass360 Racing its first win in CTSC since 2011 in their No. 75 Honda Civic Si, with Eversley masterfully executing a fuel save job in the dying stages to hang on. The win is Eversley’s third and Gimple’s first in the series.
- IMSA Porsche GT3 Cup: A pair of last lap passes netted Colin Thompson his first two wins in the series. Here’s video of his race one pass of Angel Benitez Jr. at the final corner.
- IMSA Cooper Tire Prototype Lites: Mikhail Goikhberg swept the weekend and now has five wins in six races this season.
- Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo: John Farano and former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series rookie of the year Kevin Conway split the race wins.
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 2
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3