Jun 30, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
One of Caterham’s GP2 drivers, Indonesian Rio Haryanto, will have a chance to sample the team’s Formula One machinery next week at Silverstone. The two-day test on July 8-9 follows this weekend’s British Grand Prix.
“I can’t wait to be back in an F1 car and I’m delighted it’s with Caterham F1 Team, the senior team to EQ8 Caterham Racing,” he said in a team release.
Haryanto has two prior F1 tests, with Virgin in 2010 and Marussia in 2012. The 21-year-old currently sits 10th in the GP2 standings with a best finish of third in the Monaco sprint race.
The team has also confirmed fellow youngster Will Stevens will run next week. Stevens will run the first day, Haryanto the second.
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1