Jun 30, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
One of Caterham’s GP2 drivers, Indonesian Rio Haryanto, will have a chance to sample the team’s Formula One machinery next week at Silverstone. The two-day test on July 8-9 follows this weekend’s British Grand Prix.
“I can’t wait to be back in an F1 car and I’m delighted it’s with Caterham F1 Team, the senior team to EQ8 Caterham Racing,” he said in a team release.
Haryanto has two prior F1 tests, with Virgin in 2010 and Marussia in 2012. The 21-year-old currently sits 10th in the GP2 standings with a best finish of third in the Monaco sprint race.
The team has also confirmed fellow youngster Will Stevens will run next week. Stevens will run the first day, Haryanto the second.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 8
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2