Jun 30, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
One of Caterham’s GP2 drivers, Indonesian Rio Haryanto, will have a chance to sample the team’s Formula One machinery next week at Silverstone. The two-day test on July 8-9 follows this weekend’s British Grand Prix.
“I can’t wait to be back in an F1 car and I’m delighted it’s with Caterham F1 Team, the senior team to EQ8 Caterham Racing,” he said in a team release.
Haryanto has two prior F1 tests, with Virgin in 2010 and Marussia in 2012. The 21-year-old currently sits 10th in the GP2 standings with a best finish of third in the Monaco sprint race.
The team has also confirmed fellow youngster Will Stevens will run next week. Stevens will run the first day, Haryanto the second.
- Jeff Gordon high on confidence going into Brickyard 400 0
- Hamilton tops second practice in Hungary ahead of Rosberg 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Hungarian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hungarian GP highlights 30+ hours of motorsports coverage across NBC, NBCSN and CNBC this weekend 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for Hungarian GP 0