Jun 30, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
One of Caterham’s GP2 drivers, Indonesian Rio Haryanto, will have a chance to sample the team’s Formula One machinery next week at Silverstone. The two-day test on July 8-9 follows this weekend’s British Grand Prix.
“I can’t wait to be back in an F1 car and I’m delighted it’s with Caterham F1 Team, the senior team to EQ8 Caterham Racing,” he said in a team release.
Haryanto has two prior F1 tests, with Virgin in 2010 and Marussia in 2012. The 21-year-old currently sits 10th in the GP2 standings with a best finish of third in the Monaco sprint race.
The team has also confirmed fellow youngster Will Stevens will run next week. Stevens will run the first day, Haryanto the second.
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 0
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 8
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1