Jul 1, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
The most recent Bernie Ecclestone interview with Gazzetta dello Sport touched on the potential withdrawal of Monza from the Formula One calendar after 2016.
While he’s in the dropping spirit, he’d prefer the bigger teams run third cars and the smaller teams, the ones who have long faced budgetary issues, drop out.
“I’m ready for a Formula 1 with eight teams with three cars each,” he said, with the interview also via Autosport. “Is it better to have a third Ferrari or a Caterham? Ferrari could maybe find new sponsors in the USA and an American driver: fantastic. It is the same for the others.”
Whether Ecclestone’s dreams actually come to fruition remains to be seen.
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 1
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0