Jul 1, 2014, 9:10 AM EST
Dutchman Robin Frijns will have his second free practice one outing of the season this weekend at the British Grand Prix for Caterham. He’ll be the third test driver to run, as Susie Wolff (Williams) and Daniel Juncadella (Force India) have also been confirmed.
“I’m back in the 2014 car for the first time since Bahrain and excited about getting back in the cockpit and helping us make some progress again, and seeing how the car has developed since early April,” Frijns said in the team’s advance release. “I was in our 2010 car a couple of weeks ago at the City Racing event in Kazan, Russia, and that was cool, but the real work is in the current season car in an official session and that’s what Friday morning is all about.”
Meanwhile the team’s future as a whole is in question with Tony Fernandes reportedly on the brink of selling the operation.
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 2
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3