Jul 1, 2014, 9:10 AM EDT
Dutchman Robin Frijns will have his second free practice one outing of the season this weekend at the British Grand Prix for Caterham. He’ll be the third test driver to run, as Susie Wolff (Williams) and Daniel Juncadella (Force India) have also been confirmed.
“I’m back in the 2014 car for the first time since Bahrain and excited about getting back in the cockpit and helping us make some progress again, and seeing how the car has developed since early April,” Frijns said in the team’s advance release. “I was in our 2010 car a couple of weeks ago at the City Racing event in Kazan, Russia, and that was cool, but the real work is in the current season car in an official session and that’s what Friday morning is all about.”
Meanwhile the team’s future as a whole is in question with Tony Fernandes reportedly on the brink of selling the operation.
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 1
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 1