Jul 1, 2014, 9:10 AM EDT
Dutchman Robin Frijns will have his second free practice one outing of the season this weekend at the British Grand Prix for Caterham. He’ll be the third test driver to run, as Susie Wolff (Williams) and Daniel Juncadella (Force India) have also been confirmed.
“I’m back in the 2014 car for the first time since Bahrain and excited about getting back in the cockpit and helping us make some progress again, and seeing how the car has developed since early April,” Frijns said in the team’s advance release. “I was in our 2010 car a couple of weeks ago at the City Racing event in Kazan, Russia, and that was cool, but the real work is in the current season car in an official session and that’s what Friday morning is all about.”
Meanwhile the team’s future as a whole is in question with Tony Fernandes reportedly on the brink of selling the operation.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 52