Jul 1, 2014, 9:10 AM EST
Dutchman Robin Frijns will have his second free practice one outing of the season this weekend at the British Grand Prix for Caterham. He’ll be the third test driver to run, as Susie Wolff (Williams) and Daniel Juncadella (Force India) have also been confirmed.
“I’m back in the 2014 car for the first time since Bahrain and excited about getting back in the cockpit and helping us make some progress again, and seeing how the car has developed since early April,” Frijns said in the team’s advance release. “I was in our 2010 car a couple of weeks ago at the City Racing event in Kazan, Russia, and that was cool, but the real work is in the current season car in an official session and that’s what Friday morning is all about.”
Meanwhile the team’s future as a whole is in question with Tony Fernandes reportedly on the brink of selling the operation.
Video from NASCAR America
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 11
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3