Jul 1, 2014, 9:10 AM EST
Dutchman Robin Frijns will have his second free practice one outing of the season this weekend at the British Grand Prix for Caterham. He’ll be the third test driver to run, as Susie Wolff (Williams) and Daniel Juncadella (Force India) have also been confirmed.
“I’m back in the 2014 car for the first time since Bahrain and excited about getting back in the cockpit and helping us make some progress again, and seeing how the car has developed since early April,” Frijns said in the team’s advance release. “I was in our 2010 car a couple of weeks ago at the City Racing event in Kazan, Russia, and that was cool, but the real work is in the current season car in an official session and that’s what Friday morning is all about.”
Meanwhile the team’s future as a whole is in question with Tony Fernandes reportedly on the brink of selling the operation.
Video from NASCAR America
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 0
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 2
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 14
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 19
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 5
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4