Jul 1, 2014, 5:11 PM EST
From NASCAR and released Tuesday: “The infraction is a P2 level penalty and violates Section 20B-12.8.1 (truck failed to meet post-race height requirements) of the 2014 NASCAR rule book. As a result, crew chief Eric Phillips has been fined $5,000 and owner Kyle Busch has been penalized with the loss of six championship truck owner points.”
Busch is a perfect five-for-five winning the Truck races he’s entered this year. While Busch is ineligible for Truck driver points, his No. 51 Truck does lead the owner’s championship leaving Kentucky, with a total of 320 points. Johnny Sauter‘s No. 98 is second with 297.
This penalty will close that gap from 23 points down to 17 (314-297).
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 3
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 4
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0