Jul 1, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
From NASCAR and released Tuesday: “The infraction is a P2 level penalty and violates Section 20B-12.8.1 (truck failed to meet post-race height requirements) of the 2014 NASCAR rule book. As a result, crew chief Eric Phillips has been fined $5,000 and owner Kyle Busch has been penalized with the loss of six championship truck owner points.”
Busch is a perfect five-for-five winning the Truck races he’s entered this year. While Busch is ineligible for Truck driver points, his No. 51 Truck does lead the owner’s championship leaving Kentucky, with a total of 320 points. Johnny Sauter‘s No. 98 is second with 297.
This penalty will close that gap from 23 points down to 17 (314-297).
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5