Jul 1, 2014, 5:11 PM EST
From NASCAR and released Tuesday: “The infraction is a P2 level penalty and violates Section 20B-12.8.1 (truck failed to meet post-race height requirements) of the 2014 NASCAR rule book. As a result, crew chief Eric Phillips has been fined $5,000 and owner Kyle Busch has been penalized with the loss of six championship truck owner points.”
Busch is a perfect five-for-five winning the Truck races he’s entered this year. While Busch is ineligible for Truck driver points, his No. 51 Truck does lead the owner’s championship leaving Kentucky, with a total of 320 points. Johnny Sauter‘s No. 98 is second with 297.
This penalty will close that gap from 23 points down to 17 (314-297).
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0