Jul 1, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
From NASCAR and released Tuesday: “The infraction is a P2 level penalty and violates Section 20B-12.8.1 (truck failed to meet post-race height requirements) of the 2014 NASCAR rule book. As a result, crew chief Eric Phillips has been fined $5,000 and owner Kyle Busch has been penalized with the loss of six championship truck owner points.”
Busch is a perfect five-for-five winning the Truck races he’s entered this year. While Busch is ineligible for Truck driver points, his No. 51 Truck does lead the owner’s championship leaving Kentucky, with a total of 320 points. Johnny Sauter‘s No. 98 is second with 297.
This penalty will close that gap from 23 points down to 17 (314-297).
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 11
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0