Jul 1, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
From NASCAR and released Tuesday: “The infraction is a P2 level penalty and violates Section 20B-12.8.1 (truck failed to meet post-race height requirements) of the 2014 NASCAR rule book. As a result, crew chief Eric Phillips has been fined $5,000 and owner Kyle Busch has been penalized with the loss of six championship truck owner points.”
Busch is a perfect five-for-five winning the Truck races he’s entered this year. While Busch is ineligible for Truck driver points, his No. 51 Truck does lead the owner’s championship leaving Kentucky, with a total of 320 points. Johnny Sauter‘s No. 98 is second with 297.
This penalty will close that gap from 23 points down to 17 (314-297).
Video from NASCAR America
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 0
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 0
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0