Jul 1, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
For the sixth year, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers and teams will celebrate their season in Las Vegas, Nevada.
NASCAR announced today that the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Awards are set for Friday, Dec. 5 at Wynn Las Vegas.
The ceremony serves as the grand finale for Champion’s Week, which, in addition to the Awards, also features a variety of experiences for fans to enjoy in and around Sin City.
Additionally, the NASCAR Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series will stage a joint end-of-season awards ceremony on Monday, Nov. 17 at the Trump National Doral Miami in Miami, Florida. This ceremony will honor both series’ driver and owner champions and their respective Top 5 drivers.
“NASCAR’s postseason celebrations continue to be highly anticipated, can’t-miss events on the season’s calendar,” NASCAR chief operating officer Brent Dewar said in the same statement.
“Las Vegas was built on world-class entertainment, and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards and Champion’s Week fit perfectly.
“In addition, we’re thrilled to shift the NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Awards to Trump National Doral Miami. It’s a first-class property that will certainly provide an elevated experience for our industry and our championship teams.”
Last year’s NNS and Truck Series awards were also staged in Miami, but at a different venue.
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 3
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4