Jul 1, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
Writer’s Note: The following is a recap of last weekend’s TORC: The Off-Road Championship event at Crandon, Wisconsin. NBCSN will broadcast the races on Sunday, July 13 at 6:30 p.m. ET. If you don’t want to know who won until then, we suggest you find another post to read here on MotorSportsTalk…
Rounds 7-8 of the 2014 TORC: The Off-Road Championship season – dubbed collectively as the Big House Brawl – went down this past weekend in Crandon, Wisconsin.
The biggest highlight of the weekend took place in Saturday”s PRO 4 race, which went down to the wire between Mark Jenkins and Johnny Greaves. On the final lap of the race, Greaves sustained tire damage and that opened the door for Jenkins to beat him at the stripe by a mere .0033 of a second.
However, the next day, Greaves bounced back and got the PRO 4 win over Jenkins, with Ross Hoek picking up third place for his first PRO 4 podium result.
In PRO 2 action, C.J. Greaves pulled off a weekend sweep with Jeff Kincaid finishing second on both Saturday and Sunday. Steve Barlow was third on Saturday, and Chad Hord was third on Sunday. PRO Light also saw a sweep as Keegan Kincaid took both victories there.
The weekend concluded with PRO 2 and PRO 4 competitors racing against each other in the Crandon Cup main event. Hord, in his PRO 2 truck, took advantage of getting the holeshot and went on to win the event ahead of fellow PRO 2 competitor C.J. Greaves and PRO 4 racer Adrian Cenni.
TORC continues its 2014 campaign on July 19-20 with another visit to Bark River, Michigan for the “Throwdown in the U.P., Part 2.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Ryan Blaney passes Kyle Busch on final restart, hangs on to win Nationwide race at Bristol 0
- Kevin Harvick edges Jeff Gordon for Bristol Sprint Cup pole 0
- Will A.J. Allmendinger seek payback for Brad Daugherty’s practical joke? 0
- 2015 NASCAR Schedule to be Revealed Tuesday, 5 p.m. ET, on special NASCAR AMERICA 0
- Rossi disappointed, but diplomatic, after Marussia no-go 1
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Belgian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0