Jul 2, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
One of the busiest men in racing has another new gig.
Mike Conway was one of two more drivers confirmed in the new FIA Formula E Championship on Wednesday, with Jay Penske’s Dragon Racing.
Conway races all road and street course races for Ed Carpenter Racing in the Verizon IndyCar Series, and is also the test and reserve driver for the Toyota Racing team in the FIA World Endurance Championship, where he should get the opportunity to race later this season. But now, he has another open-wheel opportunity.
“I have been very interested in Formula E since it was announced and I am proud to be involved with both Jay and Dragon Racing, in what I believe is breaking new ground in motorsports,” Conway said, in a series release. “I am very confident we can achieve great results during this first season.”
Meanwhile, the driver who stood on the precipice of a Formula One seat this season with Scuderia Toro Rosso, which instead went to Daniil Kvyat, now has an opportunity in Formula E.
Portuguese driver Antonio Felix da Costa has been named to the Amlin Aguri team, alongside Katherine Legge, who was named last week. Da Costa’s 2014 season is a mix of being Red Bull’s official test and reserve driver, and also racing in DTM with BMW.
Da Costa and Legge have some tangential career similarities. Both have tested Formula One cars; Legge’s was back with Minardi, predecessor to Scuderia Toro Rosso, in 2005. Legge also raced in the DTM from 2008 after her last full season in Champ Car in 2007.
With these confirmations, and the additional confirmations at e.dams and Trulli GP on Monday, there’s only four seats remaining in the championship. China Racing is yet to confirm both its drivers while Dragon and Andretti have their seconds to confirm. Andretti has Scott Speed and Gil de Ferran testing this week, although de Ferran’s is just to sample the car.
Here’s the entry as it stands now:
- Amlin Aguri: Katherine Legge, Antonio Felix da Costa
- Andretti Autosport: Franck Montagny
- Audi Sport Abt: Lucas di Grassi, Daniel Abt
- Dragon Racing: Mike Conway
- e.dams-Renault: Nicolas Prost, Sebastien Buemi
- Mahindra Racing: Karun Chandhok, Bruno Senna
- Trulli GP: Jarno Trulli, Michela Cerruti
- Virgin Racing: Sam Bird, Jaime Alguersuari
- Venturi GP: Stephane Sarrazin, Nick Heidfeld
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 0
- Racing community reflects on the loss of Fox Sports’ broadcaster Steve Byrnes 8
- Sam Schmidt’s inspirational lap in SAM Project, Arrow Corvette on NBC Nightly News (VIDEO, PHOTOS) 2