Jul 2, 2014, 2:13 PM EST
Carlos Huertas’ win in Houston Race 1, his first in the Verizon IndyCar Series, has come with penalties for two infractions discovered during post-race technical inspection.
Here’s the details from INDYCAR;
INDYCAR announced today post-event infractions from the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston, which was held June 28-29 at Houston’s NRG Park.
- INDYCAR officials have fined Dale Coyne Racing for a pair of technical violations on its No. 18 Verizon IndyCar Series entry driven by Carlos Huertas. The entrant was found to have violated Rule 188.8.131.52 (Rear Wing Height) and Rule 14.7.2 (Fuel Cell Capacity) of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook. The team was fined a total of $10,000 – $5,000 for each infraction, but INDYCAR officials determined that the infractions did not impact on the finishing order of the race or final position of the offending team.
The members may contest the imposition of the penalty pursuant to the procedures and timelines detailed in the review and appeal procedures of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook.
Here’s the rules themselves from the rulebook:
Rule 184.108.40.206 states: The mainplane trailing edge height, as measured from the chassis reference plane, is 28.060 inches plus or minus 0.050 inches.
Rule 14.7.2 states: The maximum capacity of the fuel cell shall be 18.500 U.S. Gallons. A sub-rule, Rule 220.127.116.11, states the only approved method of fuel cell volume reduction is by the addition of fuel cell airtight balls inside the fuel cell.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 6
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5