Jul 2, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
Carlos Huertas’ win in Houston Race 1, his first in the Verizon IndyCar Series, has come with penalties for two infractions discovered during post-race technical inspection.
Here’s the details from INDYCAR;
INDYCAR announced today post-event infractions from the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston, which was held June 28-29 at Houston’s NRG Park.
- INDYCAR officials have fined Dale Coyne Racing for a pair of technical violations on its No. 18 Verizon IndyCar Series entry driven by Carlos Huertas. The entrant was found to have violated Rule 126.96.36.199 (Rear Wing Height) and Rule 14.7.2 (Fuel Cell Capacity) of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook. The team was fined a total of $10,000 – $5,000 for each infraction, but INDYCAR officials determined that the infractions did not impact on the finishing order of the race or final position of the offending team.
The members may contest the imposition of the penalty pursuant to the procedures and timelines detailed in the review and appeal procedures of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook.
Here’s the rules themselves from the rulebook:
Rule 188.8.131.52 states: The mainplane trailing edge height, as measured from the chassis reference plane, is 28.060 inches plus or minus 0.050 inches.
Rule 14.7.2 states: The maximum capacity of the fuel cell shall be 18.500 U.S. Gallons. A sub-rule, Rule 184.108.40.206, states the only approved method of fuel cell volume reduction is by the addition of fuel cell airtight balls inside the fuel cell.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA talks with Atlanta winner Kahne at 5 p.m. ET 0
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1