Jul 2, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, with only nine races remaining before the start of the revamped and enlarged field for the 11th edition of the Chase for the Sprint Cup, Bill Lester and Kyle Petty discussed the philosophy drivers need to have heading into this weekend at Daytona.
Petty believes the window of opportunity for drivers who haven’t won a race is closing, so it’s a great time to just get some points.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 2
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 1
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 5
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 2
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0