Jul 2, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, with only nine races remaining before the start of the revamped and enlarged field for the 11th edition of the Chase for the Sprint Cup, Bill Lester and Kyle Petty discussed the philosophy drivers need to have heading into this weekend at Daytona.
Petty believes the window of opportunity for drivers who haven’t won a race is closing, so it’s a great time to just get some points.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski.
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 3
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4