Jul 2, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, Bill Lester and Kyle Petty got downright presidential in their comments.
After all, there have only been so many presidents who have made appearances at NASCAR races (probably the most notable was Ronald Reagan being on hand when Richard Petty won the final Cup race of his career in the 1984 Firecracker 400 at Daytona International Speedway).
Bill and Kyle talk about just how important it is for a sitting or even former president to come to an event.
- Power wins Verizon P1 Award in Detroit with new track record 0
- Preview: Detroit’s doubleheader a crucial weekend for IndyCar championship 0
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 2
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 7
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 5
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 8
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2