Jul 2, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, Bill Lester and Kyle Petty got downright presidential in their comments.
After all, there have only been so many presidents who have made appearances at NASCAR races (probably the most notable was Ronald Reagan being on hand when Richard Petty won the final Cup race of his career in the 1984 Firecracker 400 at Daytona International Speedway).
Bill and Kyle talk about just how important it is for a sitting or even former president to come to an event.
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 0
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 2
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1