Jul 2, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, Bill Lester and Kyle Petty got downright presidential in their comments.
After all, there have only been so many presidents who have made appearances at NASCAR races (probably the most notable was Ronald Reagan being on hand when Richard Petty won the final Cup race of his career in the 1984 Firecracker 400 at Daytona International Speedway).
Bill and Kyle talk about just how important it is for a sitting or even former president to come to an event.
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 0
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3