Jul 3, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Jenson Button has revealed the helmet that he will be using for this weekend’s British Grand Prix, paying tribute to his father who passed away in January.
John Button, pictured with Jenson in 2011, had been the driving force behind his son’s career, nurturing his passion for motor racing and great ability behind the wheel. He attended all but a handful of the races that Jenson raced in, and traditionally wore his lucky pink shirt each and every race day.
He was a very popular figure in the paddock, and is sorely missed by those in Formula 1.
In a tweet sent out earlier today, Button revealed his helmet for the race which is aptly colored to pay tribute to his father.
— Jenson Button (@JensonButton) July 3, 2014
McLaren has also been running a “Pink for Papa” campaign, which has seen fans buy pink shirts that they will wear on race day at Silverstone.
Earlier today, Button remained coy when asked about his future with McLaren.
“We will see,” he said. “For me, right now, it’s about doing the best job I can. The whole team, us a team are working every day to do a better job. We’re not where we want to be, we’re not where McLaren is used to being, and we know that, so we’re working very hard.
“In terms of future, that’s something I can’t discuss right now.”
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 87
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 14
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1