Jul 4, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Lucas di Grassi (Audi Sport Abt) posted a fast time of 1 minute, 31.973 seconds in the afternoon that proved to be the quickest overall in Day 2 of FIA Formula E testing at Donington Park.
A mid-test alteration to the Donington course (removal of a temporary chicane after several drivers made contact with it) helped trigger a noticeable comedown on times; the fastest lap in the morning, set by Jerome d’Ambrosio for China Racing, was a 1:34.5.
Sebastian Buemi (e.dams-Renault), who set the fastest time in yesterday’s first test, was second-quickest today at 1:32.089. Nick Heidfeld (Venturi) was third-quickest at 1:32.373.
- DiZinno: Barber, IndyCar’s southern gem, delivers an instant classic 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 1
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 15
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1