Jul 4, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Lucas di Grassi (Audi Sport Abt) posted a fast time of 1 minute, 31.973 seconds in the afternoon that proved to be the quickest overall in Day 2 of FIA Formula E testing at Donington Park.
A mid-test alteration to the Donington course (removal of a temporary chicane after several drivers made contact with it) helped trigger a noticeable comedown on times; the fastest lap in the morning, set by Jerome d’Ambrosio for China Racing, was a 1:34.5.
Sebastian Buemi (e.dams-Renault), who set the fastest time in yesterday’s first test, was second-quickest today at 1:32.089. Nick Heidfeld (Venturi) was third-quickest at 1:32.373.
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 5
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 5