Jul 4, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
After Nico Rosberg headed up a Mercedes one-two in first practice earlier today, Lewis Hamilton will be hoping to strike back during FP2 for the British Grand Prix this afternoon.
You can watch FP2 live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 9am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
The first session was a frustrating one for the drivers as a number of incidents interrupted their programmes. Susie Wolff’s session came to an early end due to an engine problem, whilst Williams stablemate Felipe Massa crashed his car heavily on the exit of Stowe. Williams will be pushing to fix up his FW36 in time for this afternoon’s session.
Ferrari appears to be running well, finishing third and fifth, whilst Red Bull also bounced back from its Austrian disaster by getting both cars inside the top six. Caterham had a difficult session as its drivers hit trouble, and Pastor Maldonado failed to set a time after his Lotus ground to a halt at the end of the pit lane.
FP2 will see the drivers complete their long-run race simulations, meaning that we should get some kind of idea of how the race will shape up on Sunday. It may be unsurprising to see Mercedes at the front once again, but an interesting sub-plot should unfold at Silverstone.
Be sure to watch FP2 live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 9am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 0
- Social Roundup: IndyCar season-ending banquet 0
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 1
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 17