Jul 4, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
After Nico Rosberg headed up a Mercedes one-two in first practice earlier today, Lewis Hamilton will be hoping to strike back during FP2 for the British Grand Prix this afternoon.
You can watch FP2 live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 9am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
The first session was a frustrating one for the drivers as a number of incidents interrupted their programmes. Susie Wolff’s session came to an early end due to an engine problem, whilst Williams stablemate Felipe Massa crashed his car heavily on the exit of Stowe. Williams will be pushing to fix up his FW36 in time for this afternoon’s session.
Ferrari appears to be running well, finishing third and fifth, whilst Red Bull also bounced back from its Austrian disaster by getting both cars inside the top six. Caterham had a difficult session as its drivers hit trouble, and Pastor Maldonado failed to set a time after his Lotus ground to a halt at the end of the pit lane.
FP2 will see the drivers complete their long-run race simulations, meaning that we should get some kind of idea of how the race will shape up on Sunday. It may be unsurprising to see Mercedes at the front once again, but an interesting sub-plot should unfold at Silverstone.
Be sure to watch FP2 live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 9am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 0
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 1
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 0
- Racing, music blend as Umphrey’s McGee partners with GTSport Racing for rest of 2015 PWC season 1
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 8
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1