Jul 4, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
It’s a heavy racing weekend across NBCSN and CNBC, with Formula One, Verizon IndyCar Series and the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series all in action.
Not to be overlooked and airing this evening at 6:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN is the Pirelli World Challenge Championships, from their races at Road America June 20-21.
All six classes, the GT, GT-A, GTS, TC, TCA and TCB divisions, were in action at the picturesque 4.048-mile road course in Elkhart Lake, Wis. It marked the series’ first visit to the track since 2009.
Cars in action for the sprint racing series come from more than 15 different manufacturers, including Cadillac, Audi, Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Reiter Engineering Lamborghini, and the debuting Bentley Continental GT3… that’s just in GT. Otherwise Ford, Chevrolet, Kia, Aston Martin, Nissan, Honda, Mazda and FIAT among others are also represented.
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9