Jul 4, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
It’s a heavy racing weekend across NBCSN and CNBC, with Formula One, Verizon IndyCar Series and the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series all in action.
Not to be overlooked and airing this evening at 6:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN is the Pirelli World Challenge Championships, from their races at Road America June 20-21.
All six classes, the GT, GT-A, GTS, TC, TCA and TCB divisions, were in action at the picturesque 4.048-mile road course in Elkhart Lake, Wis. It marked the series’ first visit to the track since 2009.
Cars in action for the sprint racing series come from more than 15 different manufacturers, including Cadillac, Audi, Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Reiter Engineering Lamborghini, and the debuting Bentley Continental GT3… that’s just in GT. Otherwise Ford, Chevrolet, Kia, Aston Martin, Nissan, Honda, Mazda and FIAT among others are also represented.
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 8
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0
- Conway bags second Toronto win thanks to pit gamble, great restart (VIDEO) 4