Jul 5, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Lewis Hamilton has explained how it was his decision not to post a second time during the final qualifying session for the British Grand Prix today.
The Mercedes driver deemed the track to be too wet, and felt that he would not have been able to improve his lap time. However, his rivals did exactly that, relegating Hamilton down to sixth place on the grid.
The biggest beneficiary was Mercedes teammate and championship rival Nico Rosberg who snatched pole position with his final lap. Just as we saw in Austria, a mistake by Hamilton in qualifying could prove costly on race day.
You can watch the British Grand Prix live on CNBC and Live Extra from 7:30am ET tomorrow morning.
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 0
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 6
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1