Jul 5, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Lewis Hamilton has explained how it was his decision not to post a second time during the final qualifying session for the British Grand Prix today.
The Mercedes driver deemed the track to be too wet, and felt that he would not have been able to improve his lap time. However, his rivals did exactly that, relegating Hamilton down to sixth place on the grid.
The biggest beneficiary was Mercedes teammate and championship rival Nico Rosberg who snatched pole position with his final lap. Just as we saw in Austria, a mistake by Hamilton in qualifying could prove costly on race day.
You can watch the British Grand Prix live on CNBC and Live Extra from 7:30am ET tomorrow morning.
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0