Jul 5, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Lewis Hamilton has explained how it was his decision not to post a second time during the final qualifying session for the British Grand Prix today.
The Mercedes driver deemed the track to be too wet, and felt that he would not have been able to improve his lap time. However, his rivals did exactly that, relegating Hamilton down to sixth place on the grid.
The biggest beneficiary was Mercedes teammate and championship rival Nico Rosberg who snatched pole position with his final lap. Just as we saw in Austria, a mistake by Hamilton in qualifying could prove costly on race day.
You can watch the British Grand Prix live on CNBC and Live Extra from 7:30am ET tomorrow morning.
- Power wins Verizon P1 Award in Detroit with new track record 1
- Preview: Detroit’s doubleheader a crucial weekend for IndyCar championship 0
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 2
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 7
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 5
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 8
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2