Jul 5, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Lewis Hamilton has explained how it was his decision not to post a second time during the final qualifying session for the British Grand Prix today.
The Mercedes driver deemed the track to be too wet, and felt that he would not have been able to improve his lap time. However, his rivals did exactly that, relegating Hamilton down to sixth place on the grid.
The biggest beneficiary was Mercedes teammate and championship rival Nico Rosberg who snatched pole position with his final lap. Just as we saw in Austria, a mistake by Hamilton in qualifying could prove costly on race day.
You can watch the British Grand Prix live on CNBC and Live Extra from 7:30am ET tomorrow morning.
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 0
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 1
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 1
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 2