Jul 5, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Lewis Hamilton has explained how it was his decision not to post a second time during the final qualifying session for the British Grand Prix today.
The Mercedes driver deemed the track to be too wet, and felt that he would not have been able to improve his lap time. However, his rivals did exactly that, relegating Hamilton down to sixth place on the grid.
The biggest beneficiary was Mercedes teammate and championship rival Nico Rosberg who snatched pole position with his final lap. Just as we saw in Austria, a mistake by Hamilton in qualifying could prove costly on race day.
You can watch the British Grand Prix live on CNBC and Live Extra from 7:30am ET tomorrow morning.
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 6
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 5
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1