Jul 5, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Rain has held up the start of tonight’s Coke Zero 400 but Daytona International Speedway went ahead with some of the pre-race ceremonies earlier this evening, including driver introductions.
A hearty group of fans were waiting for their heroes to appear and walk down an infield stage in the Daytona tri-oval. But BK Racing teammates and Sprint Cup rookies Ryan Truex and Alex Bowman took a different approach.
Instead of walking, they slid down the soaked stage in their fire suits.
As for tonight’s race, the rain has slowed to a sprinkle and track drying has resumed along the 2.5-mile oval in the event that there’s a clearing in the weather. We’ll continue to keep you posted on further developments.
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 2
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 12
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0