Jul 5, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Rain has held up the start of tonight’s Coke Zero 400 but Daytona International Speedway went ahead with some of the pre-race ceremonies earlier this evening, including driver introductions.
A hearty group of fans were waiting for their heroes to appear and walk down an infield stage in the Daytona tri-oval. But BK Racing teammates and Sprint Cup rookies Ryan Truex and Alex Bowman took a different approach.
Instead of walking, they slid down the soaked stage in their fire suits.
As for tonight’s race, the rain has slowed to a sprinkle and track drying has resumed along the 2.5-mile oval in the event that there’s a clearing in the weather. We’ll continue to keep you posted on further developments.
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 2
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3