Jul 5, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Rain has held up the start of tonight’s Coke Zero 400 but Daytona International Speedway went ahead with some of the pre-race ceremonies earlier this evening, including driver introductions.
A hearty group of fans were waiting for their heroes to appear and walk down an infield stage in the Daytona tri-oval. But BK Racing teammates and Sprint Cup rookies Ryan Truex and Alex Bowman took a different approach.
Instead of walking, they slid down the soaked stage in their fire suits.
As for tonight’s race, the rain has slowed to a sprinkle and track drying has resumed along the 2.5-mile oval in the event that there’s a clearing in the weather. We’ll continue to keep you posted on further developments.
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 3
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4