Jul 5, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Rain has held up the start of tonight’s Coke Zero 400 but Daytona International Speedway went ahead with some of the pre-race ceremonies earlier this evening, including driver introductions.
A hearty group of fans were waiting for their heroes to appear and walk down an infield stage in the Daytona tri-oval. But BK Racing teammates and Sprint Cup rookies Ryan Truex and Alex Bowman took a different approach.
Instead of walking, they slid down the soaked stage in their fire suits.
As for tonight’s race, the rain has slowed to a sprinkle and track drying has resumed along the 2.5-mile oval in the event that there’s a clearing in the weather. We’ll continue to keep you posted on further developments.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5