Jul 5, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Rain has held up the start of tonight’s Coke Zero 400 but Daytona International Speedway went ahead with some of the pre-race ceremonies earlier this evening, including driver introductions.
A hearty group of fans were waiting for their heroes to appear and walk down an infield stage in the Daytona tri-oval. But BK Racing teammates and Sprint Cup rookies Ryan Truex and Alex Bowman took a different approach.
Instead of walking, they slid down the soaked stage in their fire suits.
As for tonight’s race, the rain has slowed to a sprinkle and track drying has resumed along the 2.5-mile oval in the event that there’s a clearing in the weather. We’ll continue to keep you posted on further developments.
Video from NASCAR America
- Tony Stewart’s return to NASCAR may be one of hardest things he’s ever done 12
- BREAKING NEWS: Tony Stewart to return to race at Atlanta this weekend 19
- Team Penske on verge of ending 8-year IndyCar title drought 0
- IndyCar title quest continues for Helio Castroneves 0
- Could Tony Stewart return to race this weekend at Atlanta? 15
- Report: McLaren trying for Vettel or Alonso 8
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 3