Jul 5, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Nico Rosberg has called today’s qualifying session for the British Grand Prix “crazy” after wet weather came and went regularly on Saturday afternoon at Silverstone.
The German driver managed to tame the tricky conditions to secure his fourth pole position of the season, drawing level with teammate Lewis Hamilton’s tally. The British driver made the mistake of aborting his final run in qualifying and will start down in sixth place.
Speaking in the FIA press conference after qualifying, Rosberg explained how difficult it was trying to find the optimum lap time in the wet conditions. We also hear from Sebastian Vettel and Jenson Button, who will start second and third place respectively.
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 3
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4