Jul 5, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Nico Rosberg has called today’s qualifying session for the British Grand Prix “crazy” after wet weather came and went regularly on Saturday afternoon at Silverstone.
The German driver managed to tame the tricky conditions to secure his fourth pole position of the season, drawing level with teammate Lewis Hamilton’s tally. The British driver made the mistake of aborting his final run in qualifying and will start down in sixth place.
Speaking in the FIA press conference after qualifying, Rosberg explained how difficult it was trying to find the optimum lap time in the wet conditions. We also hear from Sebastian Vettel and Jenson Button, who will start second and third place respectively.
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5