Jul 5, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
Nico Rosberg has called today’s qualifying session for the British Grand Prix “crazy” after wet weather came and went regularly on Saturday afternoon at Silverstone.
The German driver managed to tame the tricky conditions to secure his fourth pole position of the season, drawing level with teammate Lewis Hamilton’s tally. The British driver made the mistake of aborting his final run in qualifying and will start down in sixth place.
Speaking in the FIA press conference after qualifying, Rosberg explained how difficult it was trying to find the optimum lap time in the wet conditions. We also hear from Sebastian Vettel and Jenson Button, who will start second and third place respectively.
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3