Jul 5, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Nico Rosberg has called today’s qualifying session for the British Grand Prix “crazy” after wet weather came and went regularly on Saturday afternoon at Silverstone.
The German driver managed to tame the tricky conditions to secure his fourth pole position of the season, drawing level with teammate Lewis Hamilton’s tally. The British driver made the mistake of aborting his final run in qualifying and will start down in sixth place.
Speaking in the FIA press conference after qualifying, Rosberg explained how difficult it was trying to find the optimum lap time in the wet conditions. We also hear from Sebastian Vettel and Jenson Button, who will start second and third place respectively.
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 1
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 7
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 23
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3