Jul 5, 2014, 7:45 AM EST
After a wet final practice session for the British Grand Prix, the paddock was left with more questions than answers ahead of qualifying this afternoon. With one eye on the sky, a wet session could shake up the pecking order once again at Silverstone.
It was Sebastian Vettel who topped FP3, battling through the spray to finish ahead of Red Bull teammate Daniel Ricciardo. However, with the Mercedes drivers not running, the Silver Arrows are keeping their cards very close to their chest ahead of qualifying.
You can watch qualifying for the British Grand Prix live on CNBC and Live Extra from 8am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Should things dry up a bit, it would be a surprise to see anyone but Mercedes leading the way. In practice yesterday, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg shared the sessions evenly, although the Briton was hit with an engine problem that robbed him of a race simulation run during FP2.
Both Mercedes drivers are chasing a second victory at Silverstone, but Hamilton may be more confident should it rain. His incredible wet win back in 2008 is unquestionably one of his greatest ever drives. Rosberg’s win was a little more fortuitous in 2013, as he capitalized on Vettel’s alternator failure. However, the current championship leader will be feeling confident after his great win in Austria.
So who will rule the roost at the home of British motor racing? You can find out by watching qualifying for the British Grand Prix live on CNBC and Live Extra from 8am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1