Jul 5, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
The motocross world’s annual Fourth of July weekend tradition that is the Red Bull RedBud National has arrived. The sixth round of the 2014 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship this year, RedBud is always a favorite among fans and riders alike.
ProMotocross.com and NBC Sports Live Extra will have live coverage of the second practice session of the morning beginning at 10:30 A.M ET. Click here to watch the Live Extra stream.
Online coverage will resume at 12:15 P.M. ET with the pre-race show, leading into all four motos live starting at 1 P.M. ET. NBC will also televise 450 Moto 2 live at 3 P.M. ET, going straight into coverage of 250 Moto 2 on NBCSN at 4 P.M. ET.
After the first practice session of the morning, Eli Tomac currently holds the fastest lap time in the 450 Class. The GEICO Honda rider qualified first a week ago at Muddy Creek and followed it up with impressive 3-3 moto scores once the racing got underway. Last week was Tomac’s first career race in the premier class, and although he managed to lead eight laps, he was ultimately no match for Ken Roczen and Ryan Dungey. With that first race now under his belt, will Tomac continue his quick adjustment to life in the 450 Class? Holding on to his status as the top qualifier throughout the second practice session at RedBud would be a great sign for his prospects.
The first 250 Class practice session saw Jeremy Martin rise to the top of the charts in that division. After a dominant start to the season in which he won the first five motos, the Yamalube/Star Racing/Yamaha rider has cooled off in recent weeks and now finds himself in a tight championship battle with his teammate Cooper Webb and 2012 champion Blake Baggett. Baggett currently holds the third-fastest lap time, while Webb is ninth heading into the second and final session.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1