Jul 5, 2014, 4:45 AM EDT
We haven’t had a wet grand prix since November 2012, but that could all change at Silverstone this weekend as rain is forecast for both qualifying today and the race on Sunday. Trust the English weather to intervene!
In the dry yesterday, Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton dominated proceedings, and it will be interesting to see whether Mercedes’ pace can continue in the damp conditions.
You can watch FP3 live on Live Extra from 5am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Hamilton’s homecoming has not gone entirely to plan so far. Despite finishing fastest during FP2 yesterday, his race simulation run was brought to an abrupt end when his engine failed. However, the team was planning to change the power unit ahead of qualifying anyway, so it was nothing out of the norm.
Jenson Button’s home race weekend got off to a good start yesterday as both he and teammate Kevin Magnussen finished well inside the top ten. The Briton is sporting a special helmet in memory of his father at Silverstone.
With rain falling for the past twelve or so hours, it will be an interesting final practice session. You can watch FP3 for the British Grand Prix live on Live Extra from 5am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Please note that there will be no commentary from the NBCSN team for this session, but it will instead purely be the FOM world feed.
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5