Jul 5, 2014, 4:45 AM EDT
We haven’t had a wet grand prix since November 2012, but that could all change at Silverstone this weekend as rain is forecast for both qualifying today and the race on Sunday. Trust the English weather to intervene!
In the dry yesterday, Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton dominated proceedings, and it will be interesting to see whether Mercedes’ pace can continue in the damp conditions.
You can watch FP3 live on Live Extra from 5am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Hamilton’s homecoming has not gone entirely to plan so far. Despite finishing fastest during FP2 yesterday, his race simulation run was brought to an abrupt end when his engine failed. However, the team was planning to change the power unit ahead of qualifying anyway, so it was nothing out of the norm.
Jenson Button’s home race weekend got off to a good start yesterday as both he and teammate Kevin Magnussen finished well inside the top ten. The Briton is sporting a special helmet in memory of his father at Silverstone.
With rain falling for the past twelve or so hours, it will be an interesting final practice session. You can watch FP3 for the British Grand Prix live on Live Extra from 5am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Please note that there will be no commentary from the NBCSN team for this session, but it will instead purely be the FOM world feed.
- Hamilton may have won again, but it was Raikkonen and Rosberg who stood out in Bahrain 5
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win 2
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 6
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0