Jul 6, 2014, 12:07 PM EST
Prior to last night’s rainout of the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway, TNT was slated to run a “Lord of the Rings” movie marathon today.
But with the race postponed to this morning, Frodo fans expecting to settle in for tales of high fantasy and adventure are instead seeing one of NASCAR’s biggest events of the year. The network bailed out of The Fellowship of the Ring at 11 a.m. ET to begin its coverage of the race.
As you can imagine, the LOTR faithful are not happy about this. A quick scroll through the Twittersphere reveals some of the angst on their end…
But of course, since this is Twitter, some NASCAR fans have caught wind of this and are now razzing the LOTR fans.
However, the Twitter battle between the two sides is likely to come to an end very soon. NASCAR has just removed the Lap 11 red flag for rain, and the Coke Zero 400 should be resuming shortly.
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 2
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3