Jul 6, 2014, 12:07 PM EDT
Prior to last night’s rainout of the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway, TNT was slated to run a “Lord of the Rings” movie marathon today.
But with the race postponed to this morning, Frodo fans expecting to settle in for tales of high fantasy and adventure are instead seeing one of NASCAR’s biggest events of the year. The network bailed out of The Fellowship of the Ring at 11 a.m. ET to begin its coverage of the race.
As you can imagine, the LOTR faithful are not happy about this. A quick scroll through the Twittersphere reveals some of the angst on their end…
But of course, since this is Twitter, some NASCAR fans have caught wind of this and are now razzing the LOTR fans.
However, the Twitter battle between the two sides is likely to come to an end very soon. NASCAR has just removed the Lap 11 red flag for rain, and the Coke Zero 400 should be resuming shortly.
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5