Jul 6, 2014, 12:07 PM EST
Prior to last night’s rainout of the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway, TNT was slated to run a “Lord of the Rings” movie marathon today.
But with the race postponed to this morning, Frodo fans expecting to settle in for tales of high fantasy and adventure are instead seeing one of NASCAR’s biggest events of the year. The network bailed out of The Fellowship of the Ring at 11 a.m. ET to begin its coverage of the race.
As you can imagine, the LOTR faithful are not happy about this. A quick scroll through the Twittersphere reveals some of the angst on their end…
But of course, since this is Twitter, some NASCAR fans have caught wind of this and are now razzing the LOTR fans.
However, the Twitter battle between the two sides is likely to come to an end very soon. NASCAR has just removed the Lap 11 red flag for rain, and the Coke Zero 400 should be resuming shortly.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 2
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11