Jul 6, 2014, 12:07 PM EDT
Prior to last night’s rainout of the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway, TNT was slated to run a “Lord of the Rings” movie marathon today.
But with the race postponed to this morning, Frodo fans expecting to settle in for tales of high fantasy and adventure are instead seeing one of NASCAR’s biggest events of the year. The network bailed out of The Fellowship of the Ring at 11 a.m. ET to begin its coverage of the race.
As you can imagine, the LOTR faithful are not happy about this. A quick scroll through the Twittersphere reveals some of the angst on their end…
But of course, since this is Twitter, some NASCAR fans have caught wind of this and are now razzing the LOTR fans.
However, the Twitter battle between the two sides is likely to come to an end very soon. NASCAR has just removed the Lap 11 red flag for rain, and the Coke Zero 400 should be resuming shortly.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 0
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 13
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10