Jul 6, 2014, 12:07 PM EST
Prior to last night’s rainout of the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway, TNT was slated to run a “Lord of the Rings” movie marathon today.
But with the race postponed to this morning, Frodo fans expecting to settle in for tales of high fantasy and adventure are instead seeing one of NASCAR’s biggest events of the year. The network bailed out of The Fellowship of the Ring at 11 a.m. ET to begin its coverage of the race.
As you can imagine, the LOTR faithful are not happy about this. A quick scroll through the Twittersphere reveals some of the angst on their end…
But of course, since this is Twitter, some NASCAR fans have caught wind of this and are now razzing the LOTR fans.
However, the Twitter battle between the two sides is likely to come to an end very soon. NASCAR has just removed the Lap 11 red flag for rain, and the Coke Zero 400 should be resuming shortly.
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2