Jul 6, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Today at Pocono Raceway, Juan Pablo Montoya will seek to cap off his comeback to IndyCar racing with a win from the pole position in the Pocono IndyCar 500.
Coverage of today’s race will air LIVE on NBCSN starting at Noon ET, but in case you can’t get near a TV, CLICK HERE to stream the race online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
After winning the Indianapolis 500 and the CART championship in 2000, Montoya moved on to Formula One (2001-2006) before flipping to stock car racing with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (full-time, 2007-2013).
But last fall, Montoya decided to go back to IndyCar with Team Penske. And as the Colombian has gotten re-acclimated to the discipline, he’s started to up his performance with podium finishes in two of the last three Verizon IndyCar Series events.
Yesterday in qualifying, Montoya edged out Penske teammate Will Power to claim his 15th career IndyCar pole and his first since the 2000 race at Surfer’s Paradise, Australia.
As for Power, he’ll start alongside Montoya on the front row as he seeks to maintain his championship lead this afternoon. Power holds a 39-point edge on another Penske teammate, Helio Castroneves, who starts seventh on the 21-car grid. It’s also worth noting that since today’s race is a 500-miler, double championship points will be up for grabs.
If you plan to stream today’s race, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at Noon ET to stream NBCSN’s coverage of the Pocono IndyCar 500.
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 10
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 1