Jul 6, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Today at Pocono Raceway, Juan Pablo Montoya will seek to cap off his comeback to IndyCar racing with a win from the pole position in the Pocono IndyCar 500.
Coverage of today’s race will air LIVE on NBCSN starting at Noon ET, but in case you can’t get near a TV, CLICK HERE to stream the race online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
After winning the Indianapolis 500 and the CART championship in 2000, Montoya moved on to Formula One (2001-2006) before flipping to stock car racing with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (full-time, 2007-2013).
But last fall, Montoya decided to go back to IndyCar with Team Penske. And as the Colombian has gotten re-acclimated to the discipline, he’s started to up his performance with podium finishes in two of the last three Verizon IndyCar Series events.
Yesterday in qualifying, Montoya edged out Penske teammate Will Power to claim his 15th career IndyCar pole and his first since the 2000 race at Surfer’s Paradise, Australia.
As for Power, he’ll start alongside Montoya on the front row as he seeks to maintain his championship lead this afternoon. Power holds a 39-point edge on another Penske teammate, Helio Castroneves, who starts seventh on the 21-car grid. It’s also worth noting that since today’s race is a 500-miler, double championship points will be up for grabs.
If you plan to stream today’s race, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at Noon ET to stream NBCSN’s coverage of the Pocono IndyCar 500.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 0
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 30
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0