Jul 7, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
Mondays are usually an opportunity to look back on the previous weekend’s big race. But in the NASCAR world, this particular Monday wasn’t just for pondering over Aric Almirola’s first career Sprint Cup win at Daytona, but also over nine of the Sprint Cup Series’ biggest teams forming a business association called the Race Team Alliance.
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, host Marty Snider and analysts Ricky Rudd and Bobby Labonte covered it all – starting with Almirola’s victory, which came on the 30th anniversary of his team owner Richard Petty’s 200th and final victory as a driver.
Snider then talked with RTA chairman and Michael Waltrip Racing co-owner Rob Kauffman about what the Alliance hopes to accomplish. Afterwards, NBCSN contributor and USA Today writer Nate Ryan joined in to discuss how the Sprint Cup garage has reacted to the RTA’s formation.
Another new episode of NASCAR AMERICA will air tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra. For more clips from the show, head on over to the archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 2
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14