Jul 7, 2014, 6:10 PM EST
Mondays are usually an opportunity to look back on the previous weekend’s big race. But in the NASCAR world, this particular Monday wasn’t just for pondering over Aric Almirola’s first career Sprint Cup win at Daytona, but also over nine of the Sprint Cup Series’ biggest teams forming a business association called the Race Team Alliance.
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, host Marty Snider and analysts Ricky Rudd and Bobby Labonte covered it all – starting with Almirola’s victory, which came on the 30th anniversary of his team owner Richard Petty’s 200th and final victory as a driver.
Snider then talked with RTA chairman and Michael Waltrip Racing co-owner Rob Kauffman about what the Alliance hopes to accomplish. Afterwards, NBCSN contributor and USA Today writer Nate Ryan joined in to discuss how the Sprint Cup garage has reacted to the RTA’s formation.
Another new episode of NASCAR AMERICA will air tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra. For more clips from the show, head on over to the archive page.
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 4
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 2