Jul 8, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
It’s been a happy few days around the Richard Petty Motorsports shop as they continue to enjoy Aric Almirola’s win in Sunday’s rain-shortened Coke Zero 400 at Daytona.
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast visited the RPM camp to speak with both Petty, the seven-time Sprint Cup champion, and Almirola, who brought Petty’s famous No. 43 to Victory Lane for the first time since 1999.
But there’s still work to be done for RPM in the remaining eight regular season races. Marcos Ambrose needs a win to join teammate Almirola in the Chase, but former Cup champion Bobby Labonte and Ricky Rudd believe that the team also needs to get better on the intermediate tracks in order to truly contend.
USA Today’s Nate Ryan also joined today’s show to discuss how the newly-formed Race Team Alliance could impact NASCAR’s smaller squads and what the RTA may do in the short-term through pooling its resources together.
Another new episode of NASCAR AMERICA airs tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra. For more clips from the show, head on over to the archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 5
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0